Peyto Pics?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by TooSicKs, Oct 27, 2004.

1. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

Hey, anyone got any Peyto pics? I'm thinking of getting a frame built and was wondering if anyone has any pics, specifically of the seatless version.

Thanks in advance!

2. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

I don't have any relevant advice about peytos, but it's good to see you're thinkin about gettin back into trials -

3. poutine

poutine Guest

www.peytocycles.com they got lots of pics.

I got to try one last year.The first trials frame they made.Quality is absolute top notch!

Beutiful construction brazin is mint!

Defenetly go with peyto!

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill​

5. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I'm pretty sure I designed the first one a couple years ago for no one. It got made for a store here and got sold to a dude and was stolen a couple months later. I'm assuming you mean Morley's. There were 3 or 4 made before Morley's.

I'll post pics of mine if you really want. Its a blue and white one if you've seen it before. It has a seat tho.

Oya. You may want to email Paul at Peyto. I heard he turned down an overseas order before. Not sure why or if thats true or what the deal was.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  6. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

The Angry Gorilla is back?!?

7. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Nevermind the overseas comment. I guess I looked way too fast and thought you were from Australia somehow and not Arizona.

9. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

Probably because shipping is disgustingly expensive. I almost bought an XC frame from Hong Kong, but then when the shipping estimate came in, i was like "fuck that"

10. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

those frames are the sex

11. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I'm pretty sure that is why, however the dude who wanted it knew this and was willing to pay for it, but it still didn't work. I think...

12. morley

morley New Member

The first trials frame Paul made was this white frame in the picture below. It had deKerf style seat stays and a few other weird modifications. A local Victoria rider named Bill aka shaggy bought the frame later to have it stolen. It was never to be seen again.

[​IMG]

13. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

I've been talking to Paul and am hashing out the details of the frame. I'm just interested in seeing some pics that aren't on the site, preferably some pics of the frames in action.

Z, I'm back to riding the cracked bomb for now, but am (obviously) working on acquiring a Peyto.

14. morley

morley New Member

15. dahouse

dahouse Guest

I'd love to see Brett's bike in picture form...

16. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Aaaa...Thats pretty big...I have no idea how to use a computerIn related news I just talked to Paul aboots my next one and we've got some pretty cool things planned for it. I like to try to do things that are original and different but at the same time 100 percent functional and better than the original idea. I also just took apart most of the Koxx I have been riding and built this back up again as my trials bike. I broke my v brake adaptor and then snapped the tap trying to make another one.

17. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

Wow, that thing is pimp! How do you like the disk mount? What size rear rotor?

While i got the Peyto riders' attention, a few questions

What kind of feel does the frame have compared to aluminium? Do you notice any difference in compliance, flex, or springiness? Is this a lively feeling frame? Do you get much flex at the botom bracket?

I'm looking at getting mine real short in the rear, 15" min with horizontal dropouts for singlespeed, and long up front. Seatless, with a little bit of bb rise and low up front. 1100mm wheelbase, 100mm steerer tube and 72deg headangle.

Thanks for posting!