pedals?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by seattletrials, Aug 30, 2004.

1. seattletrials

seattletrials New Member

what are some good inexpensive pedals that have good grip? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money(over 70 bucks). what would you recomend?

2. DAVE-O!

DAVE-O! Guest

Primo tenderizers are decent if weight isnt much of an issue, i think they're like $35 or something

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Dont get Azonic pedals. BMX pedals are kinda nice since their cheap and grippy.

4. DaleM

DaleM Guest

I personally like the Welgo Magnesium pedals. I have no idea what retail is as I have worked in shops for years. They are about 395 grams a pair. Thier durability is somewhat questionable, I have lost a few pins in the last year or so.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

wellgo g-1's are a very popular pedal, and you might be able to ride like vincent.

6. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

DMR V8's , cost me £18 brand new from Ebay, or £20 on sale from CRC, not sure how much they are at wherever you live. Seattle.

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I love my VP's and at $25 canadian they are really cheap. Grip very well too.

8. redneck_biker

redneck_biker Guest

Ya go with the Double Caged Vp's. Probably the best way to go. As Rob.K said. You can get them from www.thetrialsinshop.com since they are in port moody they would be pretty close to where you live. The link is also in Rob.K's signature if you ever need it.

9. Monty99

Monty99 Super-Rockin-Mister-Magic

:bowdown:point Alien II:bowdown:-i love them

10. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

The vp´s are way better then the point aliens

11. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I hate the VPs, I always slipped off when I had them. And they are not the strongest out there. The tioga platform pedals are my favourite ones. [​IMG] the main advantage is that is has more pin holes than most of the other platform pedals. Once the pins are broken out or whatever you can throw away the entire pedal. With the tiogas you still have some free holes to put the pins in. So they will last at least twice as long as normal platform pedals. Not to mention the mag pedals, where the pins fall out in a second...

12. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

True!!

The VP's are not of the best quality but I never liked the fealing of those platforms. I don't know how you could slip from a VP:ugh: (depends on your shoes I guess:? ).

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I can't ride VP's without monty shoes.

I can't ride regular pedals with monty shoes.

Therefor I ride my new balances on a mag welgo pedal similar to that tioga.

14. Vox

Vox Guest

Tioga pelals looks heavy, sub 600gr. Wellgo magnesium is much better

15. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Anyone ever try the Atomlab Trailpimp pedals? I like the ldea of fewer moving parts, and they're very low profile which makes them feel stable. Here's a pic of the ones I'm talking about:

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Those cage points look dull(square) as shit...don't think they'll grip anything, much like the cheapie pedals that come on KMart bikes...

17. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Don't the tops of the pins on most platform pedals look dull also? Have you ever had one nail you in the shin? They might look dull, but they'll still grip a soft rubber shoe sole. I'm also thinking more at life expectancy than anything else for myself. Also, a small round file between them could fix that problem if it were to exist.

18. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Atomlab is probably one of the last companies I would doubt.

19. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

the tiogas are 460.., bit I prefer them to the lighter mag pedals which didn't last that long for me, I had the NC17 mag before

20. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, atomlab stuff is always good, and if you think about it, a round pin w/ a flat top has more surface area than a flat piece of metal (where the flat top is the same width as a pin) so theyll grip better.

also check out the woodman spikeys

[​IMG]