Pedal kicking problem....

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Jul 27, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Alright, I've tried to figure out my problem, but I'm not really sure as to what it is.

Whenever I do multiple pedal kicks, say above 4, I start turning to the right...the side my front foot is on.

Example, if I started out Parallel to a set of wide steps, and I started to pedal kick up them diagonally, by the 4th or 5th step, I would be pedal kicking up them straight on...

I dunno what the issue is. Anybody experiance this issue and know how to remedy it?

2. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i have a similar problem when manualing when im not paying attn, i always turn to my front foot side (left) unless i compensate for it, try leaning to left a little, might help. another thing i do sometimes is turn my bars a little while manualing if i cant lean enough, i pull the hand that im turning to into my body a little.

3. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Pay attention to your handle bars. I went through a similar problem when I got wider bars. I video taped myself and found out that I was pulling harder with one hand when pulling and kicking. That was turning the bike a little each time. Try to observe your turning of the bars when you have your front in the air. The less you twist them, the less you'll turn.

4. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

Yes! It is most likely your handlebars turning on you. I suggest Slowing it down and back hopping inbetween pedal kicks. It will allow you to readjust and it is good in general by keeping things more under control. Also if you try to learn to pedal kick without lifting, aka doing small manuals, it will become quite clear if you are drifting or not.

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I thought it was my bars, so I payed attention to them and I didn't notice any pulling action...Hmm...I'll try again and see what the deal is. I'm switching fro Monty's to the Try-All bars, so we'll see when those get here if it gets any worse with wider bars.....

6. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i did that a little when i was using bent bars, one side was lower than the other which when in rear wheel made one hand reach forward more... i can't hel you though, i got used to it in a couple of hours?

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Just came back from riding...I'm not noticing anything with my bars being all tilted or anything....I have no clue what it is....

Well, I forgot to check something, that when I kick, if I lean to a side or not.....hmm...

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

ever thought that it could be your hips/lower body that's moving the bike :hsugh:

9. Ryden

Ryden Guest

The fool proof way of fixing this problem................ride! Over time and prcatise you will start subliminally compensating for whatever balance dispositions you have. You can speed it up by leaning a little to one side, but mostly just do it concentrating on not turning. You will make a thousand little corrections you won't notice, and eventually be able to do it straight. Unless it is something like bars....but if not then practise is the key.

10. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Maybe you going diagnally gives you a weird perspective in your mind. Maybe your body figures, he's trying to turn around or something. If you know what I mean. Practice outta do it.