Pasadena Area Group ride Sat Oct 2

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by Trialsking, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Zak and I are going to go riding in the San Gabriels just north of Pasadena. Some cool river rocks, and it nice and shady. Not sure about the time probably around noonish. All are welcome.

Take the 210 to Pasadena Area, exit Windsor/Arroyo and head north.
    Zak and I are meeting at 1pm at the Jack in the Crack right off the freeway.

Pete

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  2. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

This at the canyon we rode back in March? Maillard or something?

Short notice for me, so I can only give ya a 'maybe'.

3. Trialsking

4. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Oh Man!!!! lol, Graham tells me he won't have my brakes until tomorrow... so I don't think my bike will be here in time... I'll email him and see if I can get it shipped next day air... then maybe I'll meet ya'll for a ride.

5. Trialsking

Tim,

Since when do you use brakes!

You have such a SMOOTH style, I thought by now you would just go brakeless!

6. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

well... you know... me and my "extrordinarily smooth style..." ha... I haven't been riding in a while... so until I get that back... I'm gonna use brakes... so I guess that might mean, I'll be using brakes the rest of my life...

7. Trialsking

See updated info up top.

8. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

I'll be missing this one. Tomorrow just won't work to take most of the day to head down there and ride. Bummer to miss a great riding spot, though.

9. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Ok... I now have a new excuse for not showing up at this ride... I've been informed that Zak just got his license this week, and that he will be terrorizing the roads with his mad "mobbin" skills... :weak:

10. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Hey Pete, how was the riding?

I did manage to get an hour to go ride today. One of the better rides I've had in awhile, made three different moves for the first time. Progress is fun.

11. Trialsking

Zak and I had fun. We first went to the rocks near JPL and rode there for a while, then we ended up at this park in North Pasadena that had some fun bench and barbaque gaps. He go some good vid footage. He is making a new video.

Sometime late this month or next month I want to get a group ride at my Desert spot. It will be cool enough to ride there and it will be worth the long drive. I'll keep you posted.