Parallax Hub?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by funkysensubean, Sep 13, 2004.

1. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

I noticed that quite a few wheels have this in their description. specifically shimano ones. is parallax good?

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

simple.NOPE, they're average, but not good, unless it's a front hub, in which case they're OK

3. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

i can either get a rhynolite laced to a non-disc parallax hub for cheap, or a rhynolite laced to a Deore disc hub. both are these are rear wheels, and both will cost me the same. which one should i get?

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

they are both shit. honestly, i wouldn't use either of them. (i'm using a deore but i have the freewheel locked - i've already bent the axle a little and i've only been using it a little while, even though i'm going easy as hell on it)

the parallax is very similar i think.

5. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

im getting them for cheap, maybe even free. its because im bought something from this guy. i think i will go with the deore because its a disc (tho i wont use rear disc, but adds more value), and im not sure about parallax

6. Peace

Peace pedocrab

parrallax really means parralise! they will fuck you up, you can tell when someone is riding a shimano hub because they look like they are trying to break their chain.
    i wouldnt ride one if you paid me...
    Peace

7. cwtrials

cwtrials Active Member

I wouldn't use either. I broke two deore discs and one parrallax hub in the period of two months. They're both crap for trials. Go with the deore disc over the parrallax though. The axles bend extremely easy on both hubs. Freewheels begin to bind up. I also stripped the threads that hold the freewheel into the hub sheel in all of these hubs. The drive side lockring and cone tend to loosen up. Ride them until you can get something better. Right now I'm using an xt which is holding up pretty well and is reasonably cheap. Ride the wheels till the hub starts to crash, and then rebuild in a better hub

8. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

what should i get after? chris king is not an option, unless i find one for free. dont those hubs that come on the evolve last pretty long (for beginner usage)?

9. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

Fixed hub with locktited ACS Freewheel, works for me, 14 bucks to replace the freewheel when it blows. I am a beginner and it has stood up to 6 months of unsmooth riding.

10. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

arent fixed hubs expensive? if i get a freewheel, isnt that only 1 cog in the rear?