Observed Trials banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Free Cup!
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all. I am going on a spending binge for me bike. I need new pads, and a new freewheel, and some other things but these are what im asking about.
What is the best choice brake pad for mild condition weather, I dont ride in the rain but it gets wet around here once in a while. Spanish flys, CRM's or koxx bloxx?
For a freewheel, im using an ACS Claw right now, is there a better one for the $16 that it costs, or should I throw all my money into the new white industries freewheel?
And is the monty front tire better than the echo?

·
steve french
9,748 Posts
echo/monty looks the same. the try-all mod tire is sticky ass tack, i hear you can get them from somebody like tryallamerica.com or maybe even WC. pads= plazmatic CRM from what ive seen, everybody uses those, but i hear the koxx bloxx are ok too.

and go all the way for the WI freewheel, it is bad ass, i am waiting to ride my shop's new sub 18 lb SS with one, looks fun.

·
Free Cup!
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much of a difference will the extra 2 teeth in the front be? my bikes got a 16t up front and 12 in the back, how can i keep that ratio?

·
Free Cup!
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought i read somewhere that the trials freewheel was 18t only. i was just gonna buy everything right from webcyclery and i only saw 12 and 18t cogs, ill ask when i call for a different one.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Gearing, atleast on motorcycles, going down a tooth in the rear is equivalent to going UP 2.5 teeth in the rear(if you could go up 2.5 teeth).

So if you have a 16;12 right now...if you got an 18 front, you'de need a 7 tooth rear.....up two in the front means going DOWN 5 teeth in the rear...

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
oicdn said:
Gearing, atleast on motorcycles, going down a tooth in the rear is equivalent to going UP 2.5 teeth in the rear(if you could go up 2.5 teeth).

So if you have a 16;12 right now...if you got an 18 front, you'de need a 7 tooth rear.....up two in the front means going DOWN 5 teeth in the rear...
Sorry but,

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

For mod stick with 18-12...its teh win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts