other parts on new frame?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by RyanMcVicker, Mar 2, 2004.

1. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

I have a 2000 Monty 221 xlite mod. I am hopefully going to get a Koxx lb long mod or Echo team long mod. If I get the frame only, could I use my old parts on it? The only ones I would be concerned about using on the new frame would be: cranks, stem, and fork. Would these monty xlite parts work and ride fine on koxx or echo long mods?

2. Elan

Elan steve french

definately need a wider BB.

3. RyanMcVicker

Would I really need a new bb for a koxx? Anything else that wont work on a koxx?

4. average mike

average mike Guest

The cranks will work, and the stem should work.

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

What kind of cranks do you have now? If you have the stock monty bb and stock monty cranks, they will never clear the yoke...

6. RyanMcVicker

I have the stock xlite monty cranks.

If we trade frame and BB will I be fine? Should I trade bash gaurd too? Or will my xlite's bash work on koxx?

7. Elan

Elan steve french

i think you only have to worry about the BB...

8. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I have a koxx long mod and I'm using my old xlite cranks and everything is fine. A bash guard will come with the new frame and should work. I dont know about bb but I'm running the same one I had on my monty, its a phil wood bb if that helps.

9. RyanMcVicker

So say I trade my monty frame and BB for his koxx frame and BB.

Then I will be able to ride with my monty parts on the koxx frame and BB?

10. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

My steer tube was to short from my 2001 xhydra for to my 2002 xhydra so I had to get a xlite fork, you said you have a 2000 xlite so you might want to check head tube length between the koxx and old monty frame

11. RyanMcVicker

I am trading with somone, so its used. Should we just leave bashgaurds on and trade?

12. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I dont see why not unless your trading a good bash for a bad one. I think they're fairly universal but dont quote me on it.

13. RyanMcVicker

I think my fork will work because he uses an x alp fork.
    He uses onza muscle man cranks. I don't know what bb he uses yet.

14. RyanMcVicker

He uses a un52 square BB, that is apparently a wide bb? He said it doesn't fit in monty. So I guess we will trade bb and bash, and frame aswell (duh).

Ive heard that my xlite rear hub won't work on the Koxx and that I will have to use washers to make it fit

Also, will my headset (with xlite fork) work on his koxx? I thought all headsets are universal, but just makin sure...

15. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Actually the rear hub is a little small but you're gonna need some chain tensioners so forget washers just go get some good tensioners and you'll be fine

16. RyanMcVicker

I have tensioners on my xlite, i think threshold. I thought he meant that i still need spacers with tensioners?

17. RyanMcVicker

He has onza muscle man cranks, are they any good?

18. RyanMcVicker

My Monty bb is 121mm spindle length i guess, and on tryallamerica.com the square mod BB is 124mm, but that small of a difference matters??

btw, should i trade my monty xlite ffw cranks for his onza muscle man ffw cranks?