Observed Trials banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
They were around 1020 wb, 74 HA, 390 cs, 0 bb. The Trials Kings did everything on them. 38mm is probably about the widest rear rim it will take so most modern front rims would probably work.

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
Yeah I had one in 2006 on a pair of Echo front rims which I'm pretty sure were 38mm at the time and definitely double wall. HBTrials still has some NOS 39mm front rims wth 32 holes according to his website. But I think you hit the nail on the head about not buying a PX unless you have some particular attachment to that frame/history. I picked up a used complete from that era about a year ago and while I don't regret it, it definitely sucked a lot more money out of my wallet than I had planned.

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
Zebdis rode like shit if you ask me, maybe if you are 5’0 they’ll be ok.
Im not advocating for the Zebdi but it does have the same wheelbase and HA as a Hex which feels just fine for a 6ft person. I think maybe Zebdis just seemed short cause those were the days of flat handlebars. Throw an Arcade bar with massive rise on one and I bet it would have plenty of reach.

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
Oversized hyrdoformed tubes and the downtube was triangular or something. Pretty ugly with the matte rattle can looking paint job and the big red X screaming kmart bike. One thing thats been consistent with trials is the aesthetics has always been committed to looking as stupid as possible. Inspired mostly avoid this but not entirely (wtf is up with branded rims where I cant remove the decal???)

I learned how to trackstand pretty well on mine then sold it. Still can't ride for shit. I had an mk5 (this one isnt mine). Actually my first time ever encountering a trials rider in person was on that Zebdi around 2007 when I met up with a guy riding a big long cock (koxx) at UCLA. Good times.

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Crankset

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
Tubes didnt bother me I just always really really hated the graphics. I personally hate black and red together, and there is nothing stupider than a giant X for XTREEEEEEEEM on your downtube. Other colorways were even worse. But I hate most frames that are more than one color and not covered in scratches.

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Crankset

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

· Super Moderator
371 Posts
Wow there is a guy with a Zebdi in Westlake. Where were you all those years I lived and worked around there. Used to meet a drinking/biking group at Westlake Center every Thursday for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts