onza t-rex 04 frame

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialstar, Jul 23, 2004.

1. trialstar

trialstar Guest

does anybody know when these frames are available or where they will be available from?

thanx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  2. B1105

B1105 New Member

are you in the US? they are avaiable in the UK i think

3. trialstar

trialstar Guest

i am currently staying in the us but im from uk.i havent seen any over there yet.

have you any more info?

4. ol1988

ol1988 Guest

www.supercycles.co.uk its where i got minie from n out of the 3 bikes ive ad its defo the best by far

5. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Yes, supercycles are the main onza dealer, but also have a look a www.tartybikes.com they sell it for £280 including the internal headset which is an absolute bargin.

The frames have Very similar geometry to the Coustellier frames, but they do infact have 5mm shorter chainstays, i have heard nothing but praise for these frames

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

onza asked me if i wanted to be an importer for the US... ?! as of right now i dont think their stuff is readily available here. they are looking to get stuff here in this next year though.

7. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i have no idea about the frame but your avatar is fucking awesome! where did you get it? it's a radiohead graphic no?

8. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Cheers Ads :)

The frame does indeed have 5mm shorter stays than a Coust. Its half the (UK) price, and about 1.5lbs heavier (much more dent resistant), very tough.

The colour you have shown in the pic is one of only 4 ever made. One has been strpiied silver, the other sprayed matt black, the other was sold, and I own the other. The standard paint job is like this:

[​IMG]

If you like any more info, give me a shout at [email protected]

Cheers

9. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

price of shipping to US and integrated headset?

10. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Looks liks it'll come out to:

£249 frame
    £30 Cane Creek Sealed Bearing Headset
    £70 5-8 day delivery, including £300 insurance (calculated from estimated weight)

Which, at the moment, is quite high due to the exchange rate!

Something like Tensile cranks will work out much better though, since you dont get killed on postage! We just sold a set to a guy called Craig Shipley, came to £123 including insured 2-day shipping.

Im not sure how Bill feels about 'advertising' on the forum, but i know Tom doesnt approve over at T-F, so, if theres anything else, feel free to PM or email ([email protected]) me.

Cheers :)

11. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

i say yes, it is aslways good to have more chaoices on frames. Plus i wan't a onza woodstock

12. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

who's the british rider that rides for onza? Rob something?

13. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

14. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

Rob from england! hahahahah that is one funny guy.

15. davke

davke Guest

i saw the weight of the this frame in the tartybikes.co.uk. Its 2600 g?? now i understand why this frame cost not so much such as pitbull or coust

16. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Yep, thats right, 2616g including internal (NOT integrated) headset (approx 130g).

The weight could easily be reduced by using thinner tubes (a la Coustellier), at no extra expense. However, Onza want something that will last for the average rider, not dent at the first sight of a wall/rail.

PS: Rob is indeed funny :)