older trials bikes

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Justr1ght, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Hey all I am a poor bastard...
    And would reallyl like to start riding.. I see some old bikes on e-bay that are trials bikes that I could just buy.. But they are hella old like 10 years or more old.. Will they just suck or what... They just look like bmx bikes with small cranks...
    Would I just be wasting my money on getting one of these p.o.s's or what?
    Eric aka..Red

2. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

yes even a 3 yr old bike would suck.Get a zoo peeranna like Elan the pirate and sail the high seas of trialsdum.Put sum shite used parts on it and slowly upgrade till you have an XTP like Elan.

But you can nevar be as kool as him....

3. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

ok that is what I thought.. They look guy as fuck...
    I will look into somthing else...
    I seen a place I can get a tank mod for like 150 bucks plus shipping are they fucked up too or what...
    Eric aka...Red

4. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

why dont you get a bmx with small parts, yuchien has one, it works fine..and btw read the topic "stop saying hella you idiots", it might come in handy :rolleyes:

5. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Well I don't know much about the geo of bike frames...
    How would I make a bmx work right exactly is there a frame that would work good or what...
    ERic aka...Red
    Oh man I can't belive I typed hella.. Oh god I did it again...
    ***Eric slaps him self***

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

do NOT get a bmx and put trials parts on it.

do

NOT

DO

THAT.

7. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Ya' I don't want some p.o.s.
    That would just piss me off and I may never get around to getting another one fixed up...
    Eric aka...red

8. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Ya' I don't want some p.o.s.
    That would just piss me off and I may never get around to getting another one fixed up...
    Eric aka...red

9. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

tank mod bike is something to consider, but if you've got cash go for a cheapo zoo! until you get better and can afford something nice.

10. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

hey... my suggestion is save your money until you can afford an echo team. i started off with a zoo lynx because i didnt want to spend a ton of money and also because i didnt know that much about trials( i was just getting into it). i rode my lynx for about a year then i saw the echo team... i saved my money and bought an echo team short(frame only) and put all my lynx parts on it. i am currently working on upgrading all my parts but if i would have known how much better then echo team and koxx mods were... i would have never wasted the money on the piece of shit zoo. my friend has a lynx and i can barley even ride it. if i were you i would save until you can buy the echo team and you will be fine.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

WTF!!!! i have a koxx now BITCH. jsut yo uwait, this thing is fecking schwank as ball hair.

12. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Well I am considering all options...
    Thanx guys..