Oh well send whatever ya got.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Hardline, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Hardline

Hardline Member

I am switching from the HS-33s to Vs because the Evo adaptors suck. I have searched this site for days to find the answer of which V brake pads are the ones to get. I have read tons of old posts and decided to get the Plaz CRVs. Called Mean Todd today and he is out of them so I got the Spanish Flys instead. Oh well, I hope they do not work like ass. JJ

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

They should do fine, they will probably work better in wet weather, but I tihnk they will work better than ass.:)

3. Tanner

Tanner New Member

They will work nothing short of amazing with a grind.

4. Peace

Peace pedocrab

good idea, im proud of you, you watch how silent your brakes are with those and a grind! just makes this scratchy sound...oh man i miss that sound...fuckin maguras grr
    Peace

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

First off let me say that what someone else thinks of a pad only means so much... everybody has different expiriences with brake pads, it depends on everything; climate, rim, grind, pad wear, brake components, setup, etc.

in my expirience: the spanish fly's do work well with a grind. The wet is a serious problem though, even the slightest bit of moisture on the rim can make it slip completely. Wear seems to be reasonably moderate. Very loud if modulated.

6. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

I've got them. They work with a grind, make a more scratchy brake noise than a real chirp. You'll find out soon enough -

7. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I used CRVs with a grind - worked excellent, flawless lockup. wasn't quiet though, howled like a banshee, ie properly :)

- Joel

8. felix

felix New Member

In the dry the spanish flies work great.
    They last several months with a harsh grind (if you modulate not too much).
    But if it's wet, they slip very much. It feels like if you had lost your rear brake.

What are the best pads for wet conditions?

9. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

Peace listen to my brake next time we go riding.. fresh grind on Plaz (crm), and what??? no sound (except a shhhh noise)

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah, that "shhhh" sound is what I get on my Spanish Fly's with a fresh grind. I thought my pads weren't squared to the rim, but they were.....they makes lotsa noise though when your grind is worn....mine are making a ton of noise now cause I need to regrind.

From what I hear, these S-Fly's ARE the best pads for the wet...better than the monty Milks...dunno how the Bloxx are in teh wet, but how often do you get your rims wet? I live in humid hot ass Florida, and these S Flys are awesome, but I just wanna try other stuff out so I can make sure I'm not missing out on something...although, winter is coming, so I dunno if I should factor that in (temp/humidity wise)

11. Cole

Cole New Member

Koxx bloxx with a grind are sick in the wet. In Oregon we have to ride in the rain if we want to ride in the winter. Jeremy Van. and I have ridden in a rock quarry with about 4-6 inches of standing water and our brakes worked as well as normal.

12. goose

goose New Member

fly's in the wet

I've ridden in the vancouver rain with spanish fly's on a ground rim, they locked up no problem. I've also ridden in the snow... freakin montreal... to the same end. In short, fly's have worked fine for my lockup needs.