1. k so i recently ground my friends rim(he trusted me more than him self haah) anywho....before he had MAD brake slip becuase tar didnt work in the cold, now with the grind he has slip but it is minimal...with a grind should there be no slip?did we not do a harsh enough grind? and finally how many times can you get a good grind out of 1 rim??

thank you very much!!!

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i grind every week, sometimes at comps twice a day. my try-all rims usually last me about 3-4 months up till now before they get cracks and big dents and i throw it against something in rage. your brakes can still slip even with a grind.

3. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I have try alls and I gring about 0nce every 2 to 3 months and thay are fine I have had mine over a year. grinding every week is over kill, kevin is known thru out the universe for being obsesive compulsive about his braking:D . I have had all my rims die from running too low of pressure and folding a side wall long before a grind did them in. All brakes slip, learning how to ride through that slip is one of the things that makes a good rider.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

which is why i will never be able to make proper french toast out of a section. brakes that slip are worse than shrimp cocktail in the basement restaraunt of a zagreb hotel. drives me crazy.

5. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

That shrimp cocktail was fear factor..ish. Who ended up eating it? I think it was jeremy V.

6. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

hahahaha, dude that was some sick shit. i know i definetly didnt eat it.

remember getting stopped by the croatian police, and we were like, "we're americans, biotch!"

7. d

d Guest

We were speaking with the Coust's father in Les Gets and he said they made Giacomo's rim ground in every 2-3 days and a rim took him for about 1-1,5 month!!!

8. manimal

manimal New Member

guy that does stuff: what kind of pads are you using?

I have a try-all with regular black magura pads, and I still get slip, its not from the rim, but from my cheapness.. I mean my stupid pads. its all about finding a good set of pads to accompany a nice grind... or so I've been told.. I use cheap pads, and pay for it in the end.

9. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I use the yellow plaz pads

I'm sure the cousts do grind alot because they probably ride alot more than the rest of us and when something doesn't work perfect on their bikes they could get really hurt as big as they go.