nose manuals,v-brakes vs discs

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by mikesnow, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mikesnow

mikesnow canada

been doing alot of nose manuals with sram v's lately on rigid fork and just wondering if any of you guys ever were into this trick before upgrading to disk brakes. mainly interested in the distances you could get using v's and then the improvement when you went to discs. how much more modulation do you get from the hydros' compared to the mech's? seems like on this forum alot of people prefer avid mech's. problem is i'd have to get a new fork to do a front disc as my on one steel doesn't have tabs. thanks....

2. digby

digby New Member

I used to do these all the time. Nothing beats 990's with kool stop pads and chrome rims. Awesome modulation with out having to worry about faceplanting from too much power.

Ever since I started running discs Ive been somewhat scared to do them cuz of the crazy power an 8 inch avid has. That and crashing nose wheelies isnt great for trials bikes.

3. Sirus

Sirus Guest

Do em brakeless... wuss

4. KyleT

KyleT Guest

V brakes all the way, I got a half decent one a few days ago (well, i thought i did, but i went over the bars soon after) with v brakes.

5. mikesnow

mikesnow canada

brakeless nose manuals

brakeless hey, i never condered this, i guess it wouldn't be too bad, kinda like losing the brakes on rear wheel manuals after you got them down, any tips sirus? what kind of bike you do them on?

6. Sirus

Sirus Guest

I was just joking around, I do them brakeless on my bmx (saddly better than on my trials bike) and I ended up grinding the dropouts in my fork deeper, as to make A) headtube steeper by about a 1/2 degree and B) shortens wheel base, (it also lowers you BB a little)

I know Brett can do, or used to be able to do them brakeless

If ya wanna see some really awsome brakeless nose manuals, i suggest going to your local shop to see if you can rent, buy, watch in the shop Animal's Can I Eat, and watch steven hamiltons part

7. Sirus

Sirus Guest