Norco moment or Planet X Pitbull

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by xxxfr, Oct 21, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

im trying to decide on a new frame, ive been going back and forth, but i want steel....

i cant decide if i want something beefy or light.

I ride street, and throw some trials in, ill be running a long rigid, or short sus fork. The only thing that im worried about on the PX is the bolt on V tabs, do they hold up, i dont see y they wouldnt, but just if anyone has had any probs.....

Thanks

2. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

I dont know how alike planet-x's frame is to dmr's, but I have bolt on brake mounts and the only issue I've ever had was...I needed to tighten it once when I first started riding my bike this year. So nothing bad.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

all frames are like that, most just have a more 'permanent' mount. I wish more frames had the adjustable v-tabs

5. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

I'd say go for the moment unless you're gonna be hucking.

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

yes, streety trials - moment
    trialsy street - PX

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I used to ride the px pitbull and a Norco TT. Pitbull is just over kill. The geometry is where you want it to be, but the weight is terrible. I'd go with the moment.

8. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

whats the bb drop on the moment w/ a 400mm rigid?

9. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

[​IMG]

still going to be a tank huh?

10. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

PX PLANET XTEMEPOOPIE

In all honesty, I would get the moment if i had the cash. sweet geo+ noice weight and super noice materials. Why do you think one is 300 bucks when the other is 7 something?(AMERICAN)

11. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

has that knifen had v-brake mounts welded to it?

12. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Well the frame starts out at 7 and a half pounds or so. So you are automatically giving up 2-3 pounds before you put a single part on.

13. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Of course.......But it was done at the factory. They leave that raw look on some forks. Mine's like that, and every biker asks me if I welded my forks together my self.

The pitbull's 7.5 lbs? Wow, That is pretty heavy. But theoretically...you would never break it heh.

14. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

I'm in the same place as XXXFR
    I want to do streety trials/trialsy street (is there a difference?) and Pitbull and Moment are high on my list.
    Moment more so, because if i wanted, i could still do XC if i had a fork on it.

but the moment's paintjob is ugly in comparison to the PX.

edit-
    How much does a Bommer frame weigh?

15. netto

netto New Member

what are you going to do without a fork on it tho?

16. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

Me?
    I'd put on an old judy or something.
    Maybe a MX or EXR if i can get one cheap

17. goose

goose New Member

just and idea

for a similar price to the moment, you could have a custom peyto frame... That's my plan!!! Just food for thought:)

18. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, ive looked into a peyto....were talking 2-3 month wait..... and if im spending $700 on a frame its going to be reynolds, which is on the upwards of $900 from peyto and thats just way too much......my zebdi is like 24lbs with the kniffen heavy, do you think the pitbull w/ kniffen light will be under 25lbs?

19. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Unless it was 2lbs in rolling weight, you're not gonna really notice the difference...

Trialsy street = street riding, with a pedal kick/up here and there. Watch Dan's vid for "trials inspired riding"...mostly street, some trials.
    Streety trials = Leech. Doing trials, but showing off. Not trials as in, let me up that and that's it. Trials as in, let me up that, wheelswitch nosepick 360 off...if you can actually do that, haha..

Yes, I'm fucking bored on my day off....

20. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, im in the middle of that.....i do every street line that i used to hit, except the drops into stair trannys....thats just not fun w/ a rigid, and i do every thing i see for trials..... rail to rail gap to 180 pedal kick off....oo yea....that one caused a few falls, but its my fav line in hartford