Noo!! Magura brake booster is to small!!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hophopsnap, Mar 13, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Well, Im borrowing a Maxxis Super tacky from a friend, and its so humoungous (spellin?) that my magura brake booster wont fit, anyway to solve this without buyin new tire/grindin the booster?

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Same thing with my TryAll tire, only thing to do is grind the booster if you dont want to buy a new one.

3. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

is this the booster that comes in the magura kit? If so just leave it off. It doesn't do much anyway. You can get a threshold for really cheap.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

whats the problem with it? i ran a 2.5 mobster in a steel mag booster with no clearance problems at all. if its one of the sizing holes, look at the pic.

[​IMG]

5. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

o yea i forgot to add. i had to cut mine down, on the left side where the two holes are. the other side was fine, but i had to cut off one of the holes.
    just cut it, its not gonna do anything bad to the brakes. youre not gonna need the inside hole anyways.

6. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 Guest

i had the same prob and i just put the booster in a vice, wacked it a few times and it fitted perfect.

Michael

7. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 Guest

i had the same prob and i just put the booster in a vice, wacked it a few times and it fitted perfect.

Michael

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i think that method needs a little more explanation :rofl:

9. mickey_b12

mickey_b12 Guest

well u need to put the booster in on a angle that u can get at it wth a hammar and make sure that the booster is not sticking out to much or when u hit it, it will bend sideways instead of out. this idea is proably only a good temporary idea untill u can get a real booster.

hope it helps

Michael

10. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

I once saw someones brake set up where they used a V-brake booster on the top mounts. They cut off the original mount holes and re-bolted down the booster in one of the boosters drilled holes, cutting off any of the unused material below the bolts.
    Considering V boosters are cheap that might be the solution to your problem...

Might..