Nicolas Vouilloz... where is he now?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by willapaj, Oct 30, 2004.

1. willapaj

willapaj New Member

For those of you who don't remember or didn't follow DH racing at all, Nico was one of best DH racers ever. I think he won like 8 world championships in a row or something ridiculous. Then he retired from DH racing, to take up Rally Racing. If you read the last paragraph of this article, you'll see he's moving up in the WRC ranks. Sweet.
    http://www.wrc.com/News.aspx?PO_ID=5169&flash=False&lang=en_GB
    Vouilloz in a Peugot 206 WRC, Rally Monte Carlo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  2. willapaj

willapaj New Member

From Sardinia Rally...

[​IMG]

3. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

whats his rank right now?

4. willapaj

willapaj New Member

5. digby

digby New Member

what a sweet ass life that guys got. Probably never had a normal job in his life. Gets paid to race downhill, destroys everyone. Now he's retired from downhill, still in his 20's and get paid to mob rally cars, he will probably end up destroying everyone in that too. I think Carlos Sikes(cant spell his last name) is his godfather or something

I am frickin jealous.

6. Mehukatti

Mehukatti Guest

are you sure he gets paid to drive or just the opposite (he pays to drive).

7. freeridercam

freeridercam le Tall

he started driving in the peugot/citeron(sp) factory league two years ago, and he's in the wrc ranks already.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a privateer.

8. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Yeah, he's not part of citroen (Sebastien Loeb, Carlos Sainz) or Peugot (Marcus Gronholm, someone else, but not Vuilloz), so he must be a privateer. Ask icecreamsammy, he's a rally maniac :)

9. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

yo kyle you are quite correct, i am indeed a fan of the rally. Nico Voullioz is a privateer driving last years 206 WRC. Hes done quite well, if i remember correctly finishing 11th or so a few rallies back and was in 8th at the end of day 2 in the most recent rally (corsica, Spain) but he slipped down a position or two by the end of the rally, so he just missed out on championship points :(..........
    Lame, i just read the article and it says most of this stuff anyways. oh well.