NH/Mass/Maine

Discussion in 'NorthEast, USA' started by trialspads, Mar 8, 2010.

1. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

We need a group ride going. I know there are several of you in New Hampshire, another rider contacted me who's in Manchester (found some sweet spot there the other day).

Anyway no snow, weather is great, we should get something going soon...I should have a bike by next week. Beginner, expert, pro, who cares, let's just all go out and ride :)

2. That's only a 2.5 hour drive for me :)

3. trialspads

We could always find a place to ride half way. I know there are tons of places to ride in Boston aside from Rockport. I'm up for anything.

4. We were going to ride in ct... but we didn't know any good places and most of us had stuff to do this weekend... Maybe we can get the crew to together and drive up to ride with some of the northerner's...

5. NHtrials

NHtrials Member

ya, i'm definitely down to ride this year aki. i'm still over in concord, but anywhere within an hour is cool w/ me. it's gotta be beginner friendly though. you can try to show me how your old bike is supposed to be riddin...lol. what are you getting for a new bike...2010 meta?

6. trialspads

Nah I'm getting a used frame but only because it's similar to the geo of the Czar you have. :)

You should, don't know about this weekend's weather but maybe the weekend after. Natty or urban, I'm up for anything. Downtown Boston is probably a good spot for urban and of course for natty Rockport is probably the best location up here.

7. THEDEMOLITIONMAN

THEDEMOLITIONMAN There can only be one DMAN

Come down to Boston to ride, I've been living out here for 16 yrs..I know all the spots and there are new ones created everyday, thanks to the big dig.There are also a few new riders who've popped up as well..If you want to ride some rocks, Cambridge, a little outside of Boston has some kick ass rock gardens.

always down to ride urban..

thedman

8. The wife is going out of town soon for a week... I'll let you know when I am free... I'll come up even if it's just to ride with one or two of you.

I can't wait to actually see a "Real Rider" and learn...

9. Jason Graaf

Jason Graaf New Member

I'd be down as well.

10. trialspads

Not this Sunday but the following Sunday I'm open, and actually either on 26/27th I'll be in Trumbull but highly doubt at this point I'll be able to bring my bike :\

11. THEDEMOLITIONMAN

If you guys decide to come down to Boston, I've got a truck and we can just throw the bikes in back to get to other spots in the city.

If it doesn't rain this weekend, there's always a big group ride..

thedman

12. Does it matter that I suck?

13. THEDEMOLITIONMAN

I am nothing special on a trials bike, I can ride.You won't see me doing any 6ft gaps to front tire, not any time soon.If you want to come out, have a few laughs and get to ride in "Boston" and enjoy the scenery.."college co-eds"..that's cool to.I don't care if you're a pro or beg, you like riding trials and that's what it's all about..

thedman

14. trialspads

The last thing to worry :)

15. :bigthumb::bigthumb: Sweet

16. trialspads

I don't think I've ever met any hostile trials riders...completely different community. No one really cares if you're beginner or a pro, wait 'til OTN Dayz it'll be a blast :)

17. THEDEMOLITIONMAN

I began riding trials in Boston in 1996' and the only thing you have to worry about is the occasional moody cop.Sometimes people get on your case for riding on shit, it happened to Brian Eberle(Yierziski) and myself in China Town a ways back.I was working on a side up to rear and he was working on one of his huge moves and this random lady came over and started talking shit..Of course there had to be cops around and she walked over and talked shit about us to them and we had to jam out..Over all, Boston is a great place to ride, I'm sure where Aki's from in NH, you wouldn't have to worry about people giving you a hard time.This happens to be the biggest college town in the world and you get some A personality types.

I mostly ride with my BMX/DH and trials buddies out here and we just do our thing.The cool thing about riding with this diverse of a group, is that you can learn some BMX moves and incorporate them into your trials riding.If you guys decide to ride in Aki's neck of the woods in NH, I probably won't come out.If you decide to come down to mine in Boston, let me know..good times..

thedman..urban for life

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  18. john trials

john trials Member

If you've got spare time and can bring your bike, Hammonasset is sweet riding. http://www.ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325210

It's similar to Rockport (although a lot smaller)...rocks on the shore.

If you're traveling along Rte 95, it's about 1 mile off the highway. If you can make it, I'd be into going down there and riding. There was a comp there about 5 years ago...maybe some pics on this forum.

Yeah! Tom Ligon on a STOCK! Kurt Mason in red...where'd he go?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  19. trialspads

Awesome looking spot!

20. NHtrials

NHtrials Member

i'm off to CA this weekend, but next weekend i'll be back on sunday the 21st. might be tired from the red eye flight home but if people are meeting for a ride i'd be up for it.