Observed Trials banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
6,042 Posts
Kevin,

First, I wanted to say Thank You! We are very lucky to have you here in Colorado. You do a lot for the sport, and incredibly intuitive thoughtful posts like this are just the tip of the iceberg. Mike Desalvo's got himself a big one!

Second of all, I can't say there is a single thing I disagree with in your post. I think sport on up should be riding under UCI rules. It's better for everyone if no one gets started riding with pedal/bash and then has to convert to UCI when they advance.

We have some very good Pro riders here and if they want to be able to compete at a high level at world events, they need to be pushed more at home.

We'll be missing a vocal expert/pro rider next year, so the behavioral changes shouldn't be a problem.

Primary problem: These things cost money and man power. An Extra 5 sections for pro, Better cards, demo equipment and setup before awards, better prizes, and decent acknowledgement (read announcing, awards with a crowd, etc) from MSC are just the things off the top of my head. Do you have any ideas on how to get these done (funding and manpower)?

Hope that last bit doesn't upset anyone, but it's something that we need to address.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.