New wheel, HS33 re-adjustment question

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by txtrials, Jul 8, 2004.

1. txtrials

txtrials Guest

I got some new upgrades for my Zebdi, including a King / Alex DH32 rim. I was running a Rhyno Lite - now that I have the new wheel on there, my HS33 I'm running on the rear needs to be readjusted to accomodate the greater width of the new rim.

With the new wheel straight in the dropouts, there is no way that the caliper/adapter will sit straight and have any space between the rim and pad. The pads are new Koxx Blox.

I've set up these brakes before, so I know more or less how to do it. However, I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Pic below- I have not tightened anything up yet, so don't think that I'm going to go around trialsin with my brakes all cockeyed.

I didn't see a tech / support forum, so I just posted it here in General Discussion.

Thanks for any help you can give. I would like to think this is not your typical LOL NEWBIE kind of question.

[​IMG]

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

looks to me like you can still move it farther out. Just straighten out your EVO adapters (looks like they're crooked) and then you will be able to move the pads out another 1cm or so, and it should be fine!

3. txtrials

txtrials Guest

Andreas, thanks... however,

The pad is back as far as it will go in the caliper away from the rim, and I can't even straighten out the adapter because the pad is already touching the rim.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

You'll need to switch the mounting brackets, this will give you more lateral adjustment. You can switch the quick release from bracket to bracket, if you want to keep it, though I suggest you take it off and just use bolts on both brackets.

Here's a pic to show you how the brackets should be:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
    1 person likes this.
  5. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

it also looks a bit like your tpa is cranked. try undoing that

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

That's exactly what I was saying, you can get the pads farther away from the rim if you just straighten things out!! Derrrr

7. txtrials

txtrials Guest

The diagram was helpful.

I still have to do some tweaking to get the brake to feel right, but swapping the mounting brackets seemed to have done the trick.

Thanks, I think I'm good now. Or rather, my bike is on it's way to being rideable again.

8. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, not just straightened, swapping the evo brackets gives about 5/16" more adjustment

9. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

Roman-how do you make such intricate pictures? like your lever from a differnt topic and whatever else youve drawn have all been so exact/crazy details..what do you use to do it all? i cant even get a circle to come out right in paint, nevermind whole brakesets and crap like that

10. Vario_tibo

Vario_tibo Guest

you also have to have the little black "elbows" facing down towards the axels for more reinforcement.

11. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

haha....paint is cool, i did a frame when i couldnt find my cad cd

12. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Yep, good old paint haha. :p
    I haven't used any CAD programs yet, but I'll get into them. Paint rules though, great for bike stuff. ;)

13. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I second that notion.. koxx Bloxx are also fairly wide aren't they?

14. pav

pav New Member

if taht isnt TPA thats setting your pads in a little more it will be that there is alot of oil in the system and if you dont know how to get rid of this you can do this by getting an allen key, im not sure on the size but its small and you can test it to fit and on the lever where the hose goes in on the side there is a bolt, undo this and let a little bit of oil come out and then tighten it back up and keep doing this until they pads are set back in the pistons like usual and that will give you a little more clearance.

hope it helps

pav