New Video with my new camera.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by alexm, Jul 8, 2004.

1. alexm

alexm Member

i had some troubles getting this on the internet, so gay. anyway, on with the video. this is filmed with my new video camera on all manual settings so some of the shots are shitty lighting/colour, mainly at hawker rocks as i set the aperture to f.8 because the colours looked cool in the view finder but on the computer they looked not so hot. also i aimed to film all of this video on a tripod but i forgot it once so there are a few clips with hand held filming. no huge moves going on and i tried to edit it well but i just dont like it.

go to www.canberratrials.com for the video

Alex

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

image on that new camera is awesome. looks like you are diggin it for sure.

as for the video... scrumtrulescent editing and music choice (looks like i got beat to the edit- postal service, damn- i should have known, that album is the best nintendo/elevator sounding music i have heard in a long time). good riding. another top shelf video from you as always!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

sick video, the editing was great! worked nicely with the music.
    image quality is sooo clear with your new camera, sweet. riding was, as always, way over par ;) song?

4. alexm

alexm Member

thanks heaps guys, i showed my parents and they didnt seem so excited by the video, they just kept asking where the riding locations were, that is why i thought it wouldnt get too well received. the song is by the postal service, called the district sleeps alone tonight. i think all their music is awesome.

incase people dont read the site and are interested in what camera i bought, it is a canon mvx3i or optura xi in the states and europe i beleive. i used to use a crappy panasonic nv-gs5a or something.

Alex

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

that makes me want to go to new york city and be lost for a few days.

im also in a very wierd mood, don't worry abou tme

postal service teeters with the vocals, emoooooooooooo...but I have no qualms with the rest.

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Love the way your movies are going. That was speeecial.

I couldnt even hear the music yet still enjoyed the vid.

Tripod action = Yummy times for viewage.

7. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

very slick vid Alexx.. picture quality is much better n all. Your front taps are getting awesome

talk to ya soon mate

8. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

Some of those log lines looked real nice. The video was awesome (as expected). Your videos always make me want to go out and ride!

9. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Nice video! Great editing. Awesome riding.

Always love the wipe outs. :)

10. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Something about that vid made me really happy...

If I went to sleep
    and never woke up
    my brain dead body
    would be cheerfull
    knowing you
    were
    having
    fun

(spontaneous poem inspired by the vid & song)

edit: the wind noise is inexcusable. use 100% music over it when it gets that bad. and I want the reedit on my desk by morning!!
    :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've watched it 5 times and can't remember any wind noise?

12. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

at the logpile theres a lot of low frequency rumble. it sounds like a breeze and the weeds are moving around like a breeze so i assumed it was wind noise. and its in some other places on the vid too. since hes using that music and editing the visuals around changes in the song it might be cool to drop the live mic feed from the mix from time to time. especially if theres a lot of what (i hear) to be a breeze buffeting the mic.

edit- i'm using super good headphones though so that might be why it seems so obvious on my end.

13. alexm

alexm Member

DaneBrammage you are right, atleast it is obvious with headphones, and that is what i wear when i edit, i did hear it but didnt think much of the wind noise at the time. now you mention it its annoying. thanks for the comments everyone else :)

Alex

14. chaloux

chaloux Party all the time.

Well done. The video climaxes where it should in accordance to the song.
    That camera looks great, and I thought the contrast was great on some of the rock shots. Some looked like they had a gray mask over them, but some were very rich.

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Awesome vid.......camera is a great improvement when you compare them to "the final shot".....

16. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Theres an old movie with Frank Sinatra, and he tells this showgirl whoes rehearsing a song onstage too quickly, 'cummon Debbie, you cant throw a song like that away!' and proceeds to sing it himself and really wrings the soul out of it (movie - The Tender Trap.)

I liked that song you used, and the editing, so much I went out and got the CD. Reminds me of a song called Doot-Doot, from the 80's (its in the movie Vanilla Sky at the elevator scene at the end.) Anyway, in the words of Frank S., dont throw songs like that away Alex!

17. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

Really? The guy singing sounds exactly like the "death cab for cutie" Leadsinger? The same guy?

18. fjas

fjas New Member

Yes it is the same guy, the postal service is a project he has with is brother or something?

Realy enjoyed that one Alex, your editing is getting very good. And you tend to allways have those amusing stacks aswell :bigthumb:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004