New Video: Practice Video 3

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by KoxxLevelRider, Jun 10, 2004.

1. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

hey I just finished putting together this vid....its filmed over a few months(I think) nothing spectacular but its decent.....please tell me what you think. criticism is welcome.
    I will try to get proper hosting when I can
    http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/koxxlevelrider/Practice%20Vid%203.wmv

btw- that drop at the end is 7 ft(my biggest)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  2. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Your doing such a large variety of moves all equal to one another in hight, it's really good. Not to many poeple have that many tricks under their belt.

Can I give you advice on the gap you did - use your legs to push the bike forward more like what Kevin said in his vid. Caus your bike needs to be completely verticle to get extra length. Your bike was not so verticle on that move you can still get more out of it by pushing your legs out more.

That is all great vid

3. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

so ur saying when im in the air push the bike out more wit my legs? yeah i dont do that at all....i also need to learn how to pump cause i know i could get farther if i could do those two things....thanks a lot for the comments and tips

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya push the bike out with your legs before you land, this gives you extra length, go watch Craig Lee Scots vids and you will see at that before he lands he does that and he is almost completely vertical. Just watch it first so you can get an image inyour head.

Hey also all your pedal ups you put the front wheel down afterwards, Why? Try to stay on the back wheel after you do a pedal up it is better form and is usefull for when you don't have anywhere to put your front wheel.

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

nice video! Like Rob said it's nice to see somebody with a large variety of moves. Work on some pedal ups to front wheel as well (Just like a normal pedal up, but lock your front brake and push down on the front end, making you endo. From there you can either switch to rear or just roll down. Also, working on rolling pedal kick ups to front wheel (don't know what they're called). The Koxx team often does it. Do a full pedal rotation, give a little hop and land on backwheel. Then,get the front end on the object).
    Have you bothered to learn taps yet? I couldn't tell from the video, but if you haven't, give them a shot. They have really helped me out.
    Once again That was a pretty good video.

6. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

yeah i can do that rolll up move and i actually meant to film that but it got dark yesterday and started to rain so i forgot.

yeah i started working on taps for a while....i actually got one in my 2nd practice vid....and i am starting up again but i talked to alex m and he was telling me that they arent really worth it on mod because they are a lot harder( kevin also said somewhat the same). but i am trying to do them again. i can hit my front wheel well every time but it ends up stopping me not throwing me up. maybe i will film a few so you can see what im doin and hopefully help me... thanks

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

nice music tex :greddy: :hsugh:

8. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

i was hoping you liked the music...i was thinking about using the song...agenda suicide...but it didnt fit the vid well or i would have

9. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

im glad i wasnt i this vid with that music, good riding billy

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I really hope you are being sarcastic :hs:

11. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

the master of sarcasm cant sense mine? hahahaha andrew you make me laugh

12. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Yes, taps are harder on mod, but they are worth it. What's nice about taps is this:
    Take me for an example. I used to be able to Up to rear wheel about lower cup of my headset height, with a basic 2 pedal stroke pedal up (Bad foot, good foot and up). Then I started to learn taps. At first I had the problems of tapping too low, missing the wall, getting off balance, but I soon got it. I also had to add in a 3rd pedal stroke (good bad good and up), and it has helped a lot. A few weeks later, I could consistently up the height of my stem, using this same method. A week or two after that, I could start extremely close to the object, using 3 pedal rotations, with no pause in between (start from trackstand, good bad good all consecutively and then tap up). Now, just a week or so later, I can pedal up stem height, pretty consistently. I need to start working on taps again, I think i can start zeroing in on handlebar height pretty soon.
    So, long story short: Taps have helped me get higher using a slap, and then I can also be lazy and pedal up fairly high as well. And by alternating back and forth, I seem to be getting better fast.

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

well... you are from the south... wasn't sure if they big words like that in school.

14. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

actually im from the north i just live in the south....but good guess....."wasnt sure if they big words like that in school" ? are you missing something.....do they use words in your school?

ps: dont get mad its all fun and games....well actually there arent any games its just fun

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm from west virginia.

16. ducky06

ducky06 Guest

dude that was fuckin awsome. you've really improved. love the tunes :bowdown:

17. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

seeing as i know of no other trials riders in memphis, this duckie person must be billys g/f................

18. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

hey i got a better host please check out the video if you didnt see it the first time. i should have another video comming out soon because i did a few demos and got some footage.