New vid of Canadian rider Russ "precise riding" Phillips (dlprod)

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by daperv, Mar 10, 2010.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Perv you didn't just drop the ball this time, you really slammed it into the ground.

You should really start doing two videos. One for you and one for the rider. This is gonna sound real mean, but I can't think of a better word for it. But this edit is kinda selfish I think. Even ignoring the black and white and slo mo, I think there is exactly one clip with no effect at all on it? Russ is a great rider, he doesn't need effect over his riding. In my opinion effect is something you put on when that clip needs a little sprucing. There's not much filler riding in that video from Russ. I think you'd get a lot more hits on your videos if you took out the effect as well. I like Russ and that riding is great, but I don't have a real interest to watch it again. It's more of a concept video than a riding video. All the great videos with lots of views get them from people liking the riding. Sure the editing has to be good, but it shouldn't be the focus of your attention. Its sort of like say turning on a tv to watch something during a wedding. The attention should be on Russ, not color filtering. Don't get me wrong, you're good at what you do, so just do two videos. You have lots of time now so why not.

Great riding Russ. I can watch the UVIC bike rack line over and over again. So great. I think I would like to film a video with you Russ. I feel that no one has ever fully captured what you are capable of yet..........haha.

2. netto

netto New Member

i'd throw it in :dunno:

3. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

that riding pretty fuckin precise if you ask me... how long you been riding?

4. RussPhillips

RussPhillips New Member

Thanks Brett :)

Been riding a little over 7yrs now

5. Ali C

Ali C "bmxer"

I enjoyed that, smooth riding, cool music, big lines...very nice :)

6. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Great music. Excellent riding.

7. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

I liked it! Its morning right, I'm tired and not feeling to responsive. The slo mo was nice.

8. cacklemus

cacklemus Inspired Bikes

9. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

shit mang... how much do you ride every year? I am getting close to 7 years now but guess im not motivated enough to really push to the next level... props to u.. i kinda just get pissed after doing like 800 flat wall hook attempts and failing

10. RussPhillips

RussPhillips New Member

For maybe 2 yrs i was riding 6 days a week. In the last few months I have got realllyyy burnt out and it's been a hugeee chore just to get out and ride. Lately though i've been taking days off here and there and i actually think it's really helping....both with the riding and motivation.