New Trials Park, GOLDEN. READ THIS POST!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by ascentrek, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Colorado riders,
    I have been scouting several locations for Kevin to host in one of our colorado locals comps. I came across a place that has just about everything we need.

I spoke with the land owner today. He WANTS us to ride, He wants to host a competition, and if possible, world class championships. I was freekin' out!

The area. The boulders that were brought in are huge. Some are the size of station wagons, but most are various sizes shapes and forms. There are 4 areas of boulder piles... all surrounded by dirt/gravel. Easy parking.

And, the best part? The owner is willing to help us move them in groups or courses however we'd like!

The area is way hard for me... At least right now. I would love to work with the owner, community, Golden, and local Trials riders to ensure this place becomes a quality trials area. As for the moment, I have access to the area. So if you'd like to ride and help develop the area, please work through me. here are just some pictures to wet the appetite.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kevin, please work with me on this. I believe we found the Lakewood/golden portion for our comps.

Taylor from Golden

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Are there any big rocks?? I guess he can pile them on top of eachother.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

wow wow wee wow..lets ride there tonight

4. ascentrek

Define big. The pictures don't do them justice. Please come down and check it out with me. Some are 4 or 5 feet high and 5 feet wide, 5 feet in width.

5. ascentrek

From Kevin's PF: directors cut, they're as big. Some bigger, some smaller. Funky angles, etc.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

5-6 feet tall normal, heights of ~9 feet would be nice for big comps. And not just like one rock being that high, lots of them.

7. ascentrek

I'm sure we can angle them, stack them, etc. Lets first check it out. After a few rides and my relationship with the owner becomes better, we'll work on how we may want to arrange them.

I have no idea what is in a comp. I would like to make this place a spot for everyone to ride, so I welcome experts like yourself to provide input.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'd rather stick to a different spot in golden if I ever ride there, much more interesting.

9. ascentrek

There are a lot of spots. I'd like to see what else is there (I'm sure I've missed something). I'll show you this spot anyway. He must have 20,000 sq feet of this stuff. I've only shown you 1/20 of the area via photo.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

If its all on flat ground/ parking lot its worthless.

Just me though.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

W/e...it looks like an awesome place to at least do some riding.... even if its just the suckier of the rider... :?

12. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Well, I agree with all.

Theres definitely stuff to ride there, especially if we stack the rocks. It's not and never will be a world class venue (unless we get someone to go down there and dig a creek through the middle of everything, thrown in a bunch of rotten wood and make moss grow on all the stuff, then drive tractors all over the place ripping up the earth and stack up the rocks in one huge pile), but we can definitely make something of it.

13. koxxrider_uk

koxxrider_uk New Member

drooolllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!! :yum: that looks sweet

14. feldybikes

feldybikes Guest

Can you say who the landowner is? I've been right through there and never knew who was in charge.

I'm new to this site, so I don't know about the history of trying to organize an event or anything. As for "digging" creeks and all, I don't think it would be a problem... if you know what I mean.

Scott

15. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Let's ride here today.. 5:00/.

16. ascentrek

Feldybikes, where you located? Lets get together and ride.

Patrick, we can stop in there. FYI, there are thorns (goat heads, etc), so stay on the rock :cool: . Otherwise, we can mix it up a little.

17. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Does that mean we're riding there? If so, please give me some directions.
    Thanks

18. ascentrek

sure. Meet me at the house. we'll head down there after.

19. feldybikes

feldybikes Guest

I live right at the bottom of Apex. I'm also a grad student at Mines. Send me an email. I ride more or less every day the weather's good.

20. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Ok Taylor, I'll be at your house at 5:00 ready to ride. I will only have about an hour and half..