New to stock

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by crashnscar, Mar 28, 2004.

1. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

What do you think some of the nicest trials specific stock frames are for pretty cheap? I'm on a really tight budget so I'm getting stuff used and need to get a frame used.

I love my friends Mk1 but can't find any zebdi's for sale in my price range. (except for 1 which I might get but I'm waiting on pics)

I'd like a bike that feels like a Zebdi also... So if you've ridden a zebdi and something else that feels the same, let me know please.

BTW, I had my friend measure his frame and this is what he came up with...
    Chainstays: 16"
    TT: 22 3/4"
    BB height w/ rigid: ~13"

Also, what gearing do people usually use with stock? My friend used 20/14 but I like 1 higher of a gear (probably 20/~13)

THANKS!

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

lol, 20-14, 20-13. hahahah.

try 20-17.

echo pure.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

echo 'ES' models are all really similar to the PX mk.

4. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

22-19 is the real mans gear

5. airmj

airmj Guest

i second that~ haha :D

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea, I have a Mark3 Zebdi which I've really liked. It's helped me learn quicker and such and can really take a beating. Mine will probably up for sale if your interested in the next month(hopefully).

7. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

You can find a used Echo Pure, Zebdi (Planet X) and Koxx around here from time to time. Buy used, figure out what you like, and then buy something you want in a year or too.

Zebdi frames are on the cheaper end, but built well (IMHO).

8. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

I find like me a lot of people start on zebdi's. I'm still on it because I'm still starting out. Zebdi's are all over the place so just keep an eye out and I'm sure a good deal will come along. As for Jose F's gearing, it's wack, I would've said something more but he says he really likes his gearin *spew* I ride 22-18 I like that alot more and you'll find that most poeple agree that the gears should be closer together in number of teeth some people even run 18-16 or something but yeah 22-13 would be bad

9. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

Why closer in number? I think I like that ratio but was just wondering what others used. What everyone is saying seems way too low, maybe it's just me though.

What's the smallest ring you can get in front?

10. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

20 but people say it's iffy. unless you go front freewheel cranks with a track cog. The low ratio makes for easier gaps and bigger gaps with less energy. I'm not sure if I'm totally right about what I said above. all I know is that I didn't feel like I could gap shit on jose f's bike and the gearing does take time to get used. I got used to it pretty fast though because I had single speed so I had no choice but 22-18. Just try the gearing you'll thank yourself later. i'm pretty sure jose f would be getting up the planter boxes consistantly if he changed he gearing. O yeah what was your mods ratio? The is a whole thread about this.