NEW RIM?!?!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by skibumintrialsfreak, Apr 1, 2004.

1. I am going to buy a new stock rim pretty soon and my birthday is coming up so I can get some cash from that. I was thinking about and ALEX DX32 or a Tryall rim, what do you guys think, I'm willing to spend a fair amount on it.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

for you tyler, teh alex will work fine..i have never seen you ride natty tho? the alex is a bit stronger and like half the price...

3. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

get rid of my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

fixed. I'll have to see if theres a hack where I can make it so only one person can use an avatar from the gallery at once.

Oh, and I know you're in a bit of a hurry considering your brakes at the moment are crap, so I'd say pick up a dx-32 in town and have em build it. In my opinion its really a toss up between the two rims. If I was running michelin 2.2 I'd get a dx-32, if I was running maxxis 2.5, I'd get the try-all.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

holy thread-jack, ACE!

6. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I have an Alex rim. It handles well.

7. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

8. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I think they're comparable rims, some pros and cons depending on what you do. What are you lacing it too (hub wise?).

9. Elan

Elan steve french

yea, i am reall impressed with my try-all..i have been banging it around on some natty today...some gnarly 5-6 foot drops, its handling it quite well...although im not sure how they will fit in that woodman..but the alex is always reliable and is very nice.

10. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i saw the grahams try all rim a few weeks ago. it looked sick but unfortunately flat spotted all over, because the metal that try all uses is a little bit softer. i'd say go with the dx 32 if you're a big guy.

11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Yea I say go for the alex, probably a safer bet.

FYI, mine is the best avatar... and nobody else can use it!

12. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Unless you apply every move with a butter knife,are upper level expert and never pinch flat.The tryall may not be for you. It's worth the extra width and lowered life span from more frequent grinds and dent susceptability,especially if you can get it in gold!

13. Elan

Elan steve french

i am going to have to say no. my try-all/chris king/dt revo wheel is poorly built (by me) and it has suffered 7 days of harsh riding (by me) including some drops on huge rocks and some natty abuse while i try to do hardcore wedges, and it remains almost perfectly true. not having been touched once since i built it up. in my experience, the try all isnt a bad rim, a hell of a lot better than i anticipated from all of the 'reviews' it gets. however, the alex is definately a mroe reliable rim, and is way cheaper. probably a better investment overall for someone who doesnt ride natural much.