New Practice video from me

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by AndyT, Feb 18, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Comes with the same disclaimer as kevins wedge vid, especially the first bits. A couple decent moves after that, not very long- If you are interested in wedges there are a few slow mos for you. I'm sick so I didn't try anything big, so don't expect it.

Video now available only in the video section

Let me know what you think.

2. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Cool stuff, especially liked the brakeless parts at the beginning.

I Need to move somewhere with some half ass decent natural. Looks like a wicked riding area.

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

you need to come to colorado there homes....

cool video- this self filming stuff sure does waste a ton of film doesnt it?

everyone who didnt bitch about my wedge video should get this one too. anyone who did bitch about my video should get this one anyways.

4. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Colorado? Naaaaa. Victoria is only 1000KMS that way >>>>>>.

5. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

Why are these videos so good??

6. ty

ty Guest

good work, im starting to work on wedges now so that super slo-mo at the end was sweeet, man i love the weather in CO :bigthumb:

7. Cole

Cole New Member

:yum: Damn, that is some of the sickest footage I've ever seen. Your brakeless rear hop for like 30 seconds was unbelievable. Keep these videos coming. I spent 20 minutes wedge trackstanding and brakeless riding tonight.

8. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

"No bashguards or pedals were hurt..." classic...

that brakeless rear wheel stuff was really original.

I tried that once last year on flat ground in a parking lot and immediately looped out and landed on my head, without a helmet...it really hurt

If I see another heavenly rock laden riding spot in Colorado and dudes riding with t-shirts on in February then I am going jump off of my balcony to the cold hard, flat, and rockless terrain below...

9. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Andrew and Kevin have a brakeless 'Manifesto' thing going on up there. Really amazing.

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

:bigthumb: Awesome...loving the brakeless riding....PIMP....

11. average mike

average mike Guest

Good stuff Andrew, good stuff. I like the very beginning too.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm pretty sure kevin can do the brakeless rear wheel stuff way better than I can, he's the one who has all the knowledge...I just try to pester him as much as possible to learn things that the euros do to train :bigthumb: - gimme a few weeks and I won't be all sloppy hopping around.

Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

13. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, good video. is that the south end of the Ht? looks new to me???

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

its the suicide cliffs jigga.

15. digby

digby New Member

nice vid.

when your doing those brakeless wedges, do you take off brakeless too, or do you use the brake right before? Is the brakeless thing just to get better balance?

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

its way easier to take off brakeless on flat ground, int his vid its too easy to loop out b/c of the terrain..so I start with the rear brake on and get my position then i let go. The brakeless is for balance, but more importantly power. If you do that a long time every day, you're leg gets insanely explosive for wedges... I increased over a foot in height after a week of practice.

17. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i just want to shed some light on this breakless thing. a fair few people do it over here in australia. We call it death grip. Ie fingers arnt even allowed on levers.

18. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Next thing will be front wheel less eh? Or with clipless pedals! Or maybe with a chain that skips all the time just to make it a little bit more exciting!

No.. seriously. That brakeless thing is damn impressive. I tried backwheel hopping without brakes and I couldn't do it at all.

19. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Whoa :eek3: Brakeless...crazy! I like the slow motion wedge at the end. Always helps to learn the techniques...

BTW Andrew, what kind of cam did you use to record it?

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

cam is a canon optura 20 .

yeah death grip, bout 2 years ago I heard of jj doing death grip rail gaps....i was fairly incompetent at this vid, now i can go to rear and just stay there without hopping around- its just a balance deal, helps out especially when you are actually using brakes (like on a gap to rear on sketchy stuff etc).