Observed Trials banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comes with the same disclaimer as kevins wedge vid, especially the first bits. A couple decent moves after that, not very long- If you are interested in wedges there are a few slow mos for you. I'm sick so I didn't try anything big, so don't expect it.

Video now available only in the video section

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cool stuff, especially liked the brakeless parts at the beginning.

I Need to move somewhere with some half ass decent natural. Looks like a wicked riding area.

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
you need to come to colorado there homes....

cool video- this self filming stuff sure does waste a ton of film doesnt it?

everyone who didnt bitch about my wedge video should get this one too. anyone who did bitch about my video should get this one anyways.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Why are these videos so good??

·
Registered
354 Posts
good work, im starting to work on wedges now so that super slo-mo at the end was sweeet, man i love the weather in CO :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
:yum: Damn, that is some of the sickest footage I've ever seen. Your brakeless rear hop for like 30 seconds was unbelievable. Keep these videos coming. I spent 20 minutes wedge trackstanding and brakeless riding tonight.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
"No bashguards or pedals were hurt..." classic...

that brakeless rear wheel stuff was really original.

I tried that once last year on flat ground in a parking lot and immediately looped out and landed on my head, without a helmet...it really hurt

If I see another heavenly rock laden riding spot in Colorado and dudes riding with t-shirts on in February then I am going jump off of my balcony to the cold hard, flat, and rockless terrain below...

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm pretty sure kevin can do the brakeless rear wheel stuff way better than I can, he's the one who has all the knowledge...I just try to pester him as much as possible to learn things that the euros do to train :bigthumb: - gimme a few weeks and I won't be all sloppy hopping around.

Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its way easier to take off brakeless on flat ground, int his vid its too easy to loop out b/c of the terrain..so I start with the rear brake on and get my position then i let go. The brakeless is for balance, but more importantly power. If you do that a long time every day, you're leg gets insanely explosive for wedges... I increased over a foot in height after a week of practice.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Next thing will be front wheel less eh? Or with clipless pedals! Or maybe with a chain that skips all the time just to make it a little bit more exciting!

No.. seriously. That brakeless thing is damn impressive. I tried backwheel hopping without brakes and I couldn't do it at all.

·
TrialsPads.com
4,434 Posts
Whoa :eek3: Brakeless...crazy! I like the slow motion wedge at the end. Always helps to learn the techniques...

BTW Andrew, what kind of cam did you use to record it?

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cam is a canon optura 20 .

yeah death grip, bout 2 years ago I heard of jj doing death grip rail gaps....i was fairly incompetent at this vid, now i can go to rear and just stay there without hopping around- its just a balance deal, helps out especially when you are actually using brakes (like on a gap to rear on sketchy stuff etc).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts