New Photos Of My RAVen 4.0 - 56k Warning, Lots of Pictures.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by hydroboy, Nov 21, 2004.

1. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Every one has been posting about their RAVens so i thought id have ago too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Slightly Off Topic - I made a "tool" in photoshop cs which automaticly resizes and ads the AKPV to my photos, however, when the photos are potrait, the AKPV cant be seen. Does anyone know how i can change this? I think i need to anchor the position of the bottom corner or somthing.

3. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

hey sweet bike:D , how long have those pads in the rear lasted?

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Glad to see you got the front wheel sorted after that ummm incident. Looking very nice, hows the Avid?

5. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

:rofl:

Yeah its sweet.

Out of the canberra riders, Me, SebLG, alexm, craig (stock and mod) and Nick Baxter all have them, so we think they go alright?

I think we are turning into colorado.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Sorry, didnt see your msg.

So far ive had them on about 6 months i think. I run a pretty harsh grind when i can be botherd. I dont ride very often though, maybe once a week, so judging padlife from time on bike is abit weird. They will last a while anyway.

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

how long is that fork/what's it like with the low bar setup?

8. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

so in short...the brake works?

better than maggies?

looks awesome...when I left there was ONE avid disc on a trials bike in Canberra...nuts...I'm so behind...

- Joel

9. felix

felix New Member

How's that XTR booster working?
    I run quite the same setup but with a Megamo booster and my brake feels a little bit mushy.

10. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Vee's and maguras are very similar i think. The avid is way better then maggies. Who had an avid when you left? I thought markwart was the first to have his up and running, and i had one on my bike about 2 days after him if my memory serves me correctly as he had to wait for his px forks.

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I just got the XTR booster today. Solid as. Im running XTR Lever, XTR Cable outer/inner, using the cable stops because i didnt have enough to use full lenth on the rear and on the front, and an avid sd7 calliper.

Are you running the fly pads? They make it feel much more solid being such a hard compound. Anyway, yeah the booster is HOT. Very stiff.

12. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

The fork is about 420-425 i think. The bt only has a 100mm head tube so its a really good length. I wouldnt run it on any other bike though.

13. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I thought Alexx was the only one with the avid disc when I left...may have been mistaken...no matter...

very reassuring about the brake...on mine will go avid ultimate lever, full flak jacket housing, old LX calipers and spanish fly pads...or CRVs if I prefer...my Zebdi V's were with CRVs and they were legendary good. I have a PHAT Salsa booster to go on as well, should work de biz.

- Joel

14. felix

felix New Member

I'm running XTR Lever, Ritchey Pro Logic Calipers, Nokon cables, Spanish Flies and a Megamo booster. The mushy feeling is definately caused by the bosster and also from the pads.

15. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Yeah well this booster is solid as. Im not sure if they make them anymore though :(

16. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I would be seriously keen to try that when I get back...next monday ! Maybe not monday...

- Joel

17. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Very nice...I kind of have an idea what my white 5.0 will look like...I want that brake booster!

18. manimal

manimal New Member

thats a sweet bike, and nice quality pics too..

whats the deal with your grips? I've never seen 2 grips per side.. does that stop the grip from sliding inwards on the bar? or something else entirely...

19. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

one and a half grips per side - stops your grip from sliding inwards if there's a gap between the grip and the brake lever. I love those monty grips, they rock...but they do stretch and slide along eventually...

- Joel

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

felix, try different calipers. i was running low end avids and a VERY similar setup as you with good results.