new parts

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by txtrials, Jul 6, 2004.

1. txtrials

txtrials Guest

The last time I rode my trials bike was one of the group rides at Stanford. I still have a ways to go until I'll be happy with where I'm at. Although I am a firm believer in equipment not really playing too big a role in the overall rider's performace, I've done the following, hoping that I can progress a little better.

I had a cheezy front wheel, got a newer front wheel, ditched the El Gato (stop laughing), and put a Hot S on there.

I ditched the LX rear wheel and got a King / DH32. I rode a King hub a few times, and I was amazed at how I didn't have to ratchet way back, throwing off my balance, to pedal kick. Again, ditched the El Gato and got a 24.1

I think that's about it, so I'm going to put all this stuff on and get on my bike after a 4 month absence. Should be interesting, especially in the trials paradise that is San Mateo. (heh)

2. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

cool man, ive been dialing my bike in too, i just ordered a new bar and stem, getting some 29" bars instead of 27" risers. and i decided to get a new cassette, i never use my 23t, so i ordered an ultegra 12-21 (which has the 18, 19, 21t on the carrier, instead of the 11-23, which only has the 21 and 23t)

3. katoom

katoom New Member

Howdy!

So, txtrials, where do you ride around the San Mateo "trials paradise"? I've been
    pretty unimaginative in finding places in the area to ride so any hints would
    be appreciated!

Thanks!

4. txtrials

txtrials Guest

No way, another trials rider where I live? Impossible. PM me and let's ride. I'm in Belmont.

Actually, I havent really found any spots close to here When I first moved out here, I hooked up with some of the other riders here down at Stanford, then I parked the bike to wait for the parts. So lets ride and find somewhere.