new music

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by mikeschiavone, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

alright, im sure to many of you, this is not a "new" group. regardless, Blonde Redheads are/is a band that i just started listening to that's worth noting.

what new groups/artists are you listening to? what label?

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

blonde redheads... good choice.

right now im bathing in the glory of sigor ros. last night it was 'the decemberists', the night before that was 'the sea and cake', the night before that was the soundtrack to 'eternal sunshine' (which heavy repition of the beck track). ive done i think 700 songs in the last week. i cant remember them all and havent heard half of them yet.

3. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

Kevin we have rediculously similar taste in music. as for me ive been listening to alot of alexi murdoch, zero 7, decemberists, fruitbats and kings of convenience.

4. WhiteRavenKS

"red right ankle" is quickly becoming one of my favorite acoustic tracks. i like the deceberists cus its like neutral milk without the noise so i can fall asleep to it easy.

5. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Man I suck, I know none of these bands at all. At one stage if you had said the name of a band I wouldve known it almost for sure, but now im old, and dont have time to expand my musical tastes. Thats gay.

6. WhiteRavenKS

dont blame yourself. all i do anymore is sit on my ass and listen to music. its the only thing keeping me sane.

7. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

leslie anne levine is probably my favourite decemberists track. I know what you mean, only neutral milk uses alot more ambient noise and I dont know I just think that decemberists is overall a little more mellow and easy on the ears. Rush - the only way to cure that is to listen to this stuff! its real good and the whole family can enjoy it! even trevin.

8. WhiteRavenKS

no trevin would hear it and shelter his kid from good music. cus hes just that kind of fucking stupid shit. i hate trevin. such a stupid prick.

neutral milk is awesome. i just cant handle it right before bed when i dont really need a headfull of feedback and blarring background sound. its good stuff though. leslie anne lavine is a really good track. probably my second fav from them at this point. i have been listening to 'red right ankle' for about 4 months without knowing who it was.

9. Burn

Burn Guest

anything off of Soma FM. they have all the indie music... then i use a stream ripper and put it on cd's..

indie music rocks

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

hot IQs.

I don't know why but I fucking HATE sigur ros. Same with the decemberists, neutral milk hotel etc...blonde redhead has some great songs though. For some reason i've been drawn to the blood brothers after swearing to hate them as well..

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

oh yeah and so far FTC 6 has Television and boards of canada....possible others are from safety to where, cursive, q and not u, the smiths, hot IQs, matson jones ( :bowdown: ), no knife.... :dunno:

Maybe I need some footage first :hsugh:

12. fjas

fjas New Member

Right now: Pinback - Summer in abaddon, new album which is not bad at all.

Anyone from here use indietorrents?

13. steve_v

steve_v New Member

I just heard of a hardcore chick band called Slunt. Never heard the music but that is one of the best band names I've heard in a while.

14. WhiteRavenKS

i always wanted to start a band and call it "the boner doners" but then i found out some shitty band beat me to it.

15. manimal

manimal New Member

I'm not listening to any indie these days.. unless you count T-Rex and the Moody Blues.. but I don't count them..

boards of canada are nice.. anyone hear that Manitoba had to change their name? I'm not sure what he goes by now...

16. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I have 5 Boards albums and they all rock in a sleepy nostalgic haunting way.

PBS used the Geogaddi album almost exclusively in a bio weapon/dirty bomb documentary. Very disturbing.

My current faves are the songs redworm and I are making for the next SoCo vid.

17. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

I just my Drive Like Jehu album in the mail. Not really new though.