Observed Trials banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's because the Levo is a revolutionary form of transportation that is far superior to even a Tesla model S plaid.🤣😂🤣 Special Ed has been smoking the kool-aid and watching wolf of wall street for a long time now.

·
From your head to your fists
6,108 Posts
It's fuckin nuts here at the moment. To fill my van from empty it's 100L of diesel... Just under $300.

Hoping to buy a BYD Dolphin (lol) when they're released in NZ, but currently the little runabout is doing okay at 35mpg.

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
Im on the new mtb train too. Maybe. Looking at a Honzo or Scout. Definitely looking at 27.5 wheels version.

More intrigued by the scout but there is a kona dealer in the area. Doubt they have a honzo on the floor but at least there would be shop support after purchase.

Edit: the honzo is a few hundred dollars more expensive and a few pounds heavier for the complete build (n)

Thoughts/comparison between the two from people who know more about bikes than me? I'd be buying without a test drive in either case. My riding style i think is similar to tda albeit with less skillz. I still enjoy punching UP things and want something that doesnt mind slowing down to do trials nerd stuff. Seems like all marketing copy is about flow/descent and mtb trails stopped having chunky uphill sections around the early aughts?

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
Sounds like this mid range scout build will be available in August. Im gonna borrow a cheapo xc hardtail this week and go check out some nearby trails. See if think to myself "yeah i should drop a few grand on a modern hardtail and come up here weekly"

·
tda
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
you dont know how many times ive had a 29” scout in my cart at chain reaction :) it is the only new bike ive been into, not sure why…

honzo was on there too… i brought the hex out yesterday for pig chasing, havent been able to get away from the farm for a while got lots of baby pigs causin problems. I don’t believe in fences, that makes retard animals.

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
Just called local kona dealer. Eta to have honzo in stock is October but that's probably gonna get pushed back.. nothing ever arrives on time anymore.

Supposedly that 27.5 scout will be available online in early August tho. Hmmm

·
Mitch.
5,722 Posts
It's fuckin nuts here at the moment. To fill my van from empty it's 100L of diesel... Just under $300.

Hoping to buy a BYD Dolphin (lol) when they're released in NZ, but currently the little runabout is doing okay at 35mpg.
Still get the otn email updates every now and then, happened to see your name and 'fuckin nuts'. Had to sign in!

How/where are ya? (and everyone else, howzit?)

·
From your head to your fists
6,108 Posts
Still in the same old place. Working for a chillaf company, we distribute ski gear and bbqs and party speakers. Almost finished my van proj so i can finally bum around in luxury and take significant time off work to bike/climb/ski/hike. wrecking my knee might have put a spanner in that sort of thing, but just seeing where it goes for the moment and getting fat in the meantime, no rush.

How about you man?

mountain biking thread is the new off topic bullshit thread.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ebike to the rescue for you then, AgrAde? I've been checking Pinkbike numerous times a week for my next MTB, but I think I should just start saving up for a Transalpes E1 and be done with it all.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts