new monty site is up

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by manimal, Apr 25, 2004.

1. manimal

manimal New Member

monty just upgraded their site.. pretty slick now..

www.monty.es

not all the pics are up for biketrials bikes..

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

yay!

ahahahahaahaha

3. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

[​IMG]

What does everyone reckon? i know everyone disses Monty cos of UCI etc being the trend right now. But given that I still reckon it doesn't look half bad, 1075mm wheelbase so they are stepping it up... :?

4. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

I like the alternative location for the rear derailleur. Looks similar to hangers on the Leeson bikes. They've still got that darn 25" rear rim though? Bleah...

5. Tanner

Tanner New Member

yeah, I would buy that monty stock if it wasn't for that damned 25" rim

6. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Yes, but with the Monty urban frame it is possible to run a 26inch rim, but if u look closely at the chainstays on that one it won't be possible becase there is a large brace there, :?
    Other than that i rely like the look of that frame.

7. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

c.1994 Shimano 105 rear mech... nice... DDG cranks.

WHY oh WHY the 25" wheel!!

8. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

yeah you can run a 26 inch wheel on the urban if you run disc, but then again you can also run a 12 inch wheel if you wanna run discs...

9. Tanner

Tanner New Member

actually, word on the street is you;'ll be able to run a 26" wheel on the new urbans without having to use discs...

10. manimal

manimal New Member

I've seen maggie mount adapters for monty stocks.. lets you run a 26" without disc..

looked rather expensive though, just for an adapter...

11. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

how many years did it take for monty to get a useful user friendly site?

But whatever it is pretty good now. The bikes looked pretty nice. except the stem on the 231 xlite...

12. UKDave

UKDave Guest

13. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

What? The monty site looks nothing like "Streettrials.co.uk". So it has the colours black, grey, and some dotted text just like the other 500,000 websites out there.
    Once again, "Who Cares". There really is a lot of mooing over nothing on the forum. I'd really hate to see what some are like when they get a punchure.

Anyways. Nice work Monty. About time you guys had a user friendly website. :bigthumb:

:werd:

Forgot to ask. Do you know how the progress of the Streettrials DVD is going UKDave?

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

its nothing to do with biu why i think monty are shit.

snap snap.

15. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Although I don't think anybody can deny that the 221 mod in blck like below is a beute. This would be the only mod I would buy.
    What are your guys' thoughts on this one.

[​IMG]

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I would love to have a go on a new monty mod...the previous x-lite model was perfection (in the BIU sense)...I could crush with one of those on natural.

17. UKDave

UKDave Guest

I must admit i don't think the Monty website redesign looks much like our website. They have used the same typeface but as it wasn't designed or copyrighted by us then fair play to them. As for Equilibrium I am still trying to organise getting my ass out of London and up to Leeds to film that section. It won't look like your average trials film because I want the art direction to look more stylised like a music video because the guy who is writing the music for us is really good. Cheers for asking DMArnt

18. UKDave

UKDave Guest

Before there are a million posts back for this it won't take anything away from the riding

19. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Thanks for the reply Dave. I'm really keen to get my hands on it once its done. :bigthumb:
    So the style you are looking for is more like the new school skate/surf vids? eg. Etnies Forward.
    Umm, someone out there might know what i'm talking about when I say "No Friends". Those guys know how to make a whicked vid.

Keep posting ur updates and road stories Dave. I think I speak for all when I says its really appreciated. :)

20. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Before someone packs a sad about it. I know Etnies Forward is a BMX vid not a skate or surf.