New Monty 221 PR

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by unlimits, Dec 2, 2004.

1. unlimits

unlimits New Member

Monty have finished making the 220 hydra model and they have released a new model: 221 PR. I think the frame is like the 219 alp/magura 2005 model and not like the 221 x-lite 2004/2005 model. Perhaps it's like the x-lite older models but without the straight tubes (the shock absorbing frame)...
    what do you think about it? do you think the chainstay tubes are thin? thinner than the 221 x-lite 2005 model?

Attached Files:

2. digby

digby New Member

that thing would look a lot better if they bent the top tube instead of the down tube for that gusset. Overall it looks pretty cool, I would definitly ride it. What does it go for and what the hell is scrotchbrite?

I also like the fact that it has a normal headset.

3. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I think it has the hole for the seat like the cheaper models. with scrotchbrite perhaps they mean any kind of polished. I wonder how much that frame will weigh...

4. madbiker66

madbiker66 Jigga wot?

Yeh, scotchbrite is not polished, more like a brushed alu finish...Similar to a Koxx finish, but not like a Coust. Yeash?

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

cool, all one color too- i like that. those two-tone jobs they had on the x-lites looked like trash.

6. BikeTrialGuy

BikeTrialGuy Guest

ot pi brought one back when he had the camp in tenn. i got to ride this bike, its very sweet. monty 7075 ISIS crank/bb is awesome!

-josh-