New logo, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Faction Bike, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

As some of you know I'm changing my name here soon to faction trials shop, faction for short, in an attempt to help me diversify my product line. I've developed this logo but I'm not an artist by any means. I just want to get input on what all of you out there in trials world would think. Would you wear this if it were on a shirt? Would this be a sticker you would throw on a bike? Sorry to sound so pathetic and devoid of any confidence in my work but I think it's best to ask your community what they think before you go throwing something out there. Thanks for any comments in advance.

Graham

[​IMG]

2. Elan

Elan steve french

logo looks cool. ill sport you wears..as long as i get some free shit..ahaha. what are you going to carry?

3. Elan

Elan steve french

oh, here's a request, carry threshold and plazmatic, there needs to be more than two retailers.

question: are there going to be any sponsoreships? i thought you mentioned that when yo ustarted up try-all, i am not sure though... it might not matter for me anyways hahaha, but im sure otehrs would like to know also..

4. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

graham, looks good.

keep playing with it. or, have a contest. with all the ideas that would be coming your way, im sure you could come up with one. but, that one is pretty good. see what it would look like vertical?

5. warpig

warpig Guest

Having been looking over slides all night I'm still in critique mode so take this as constructive critisim. I see where you're going with the 'faction' theme but it strikes me as very generic visually. Maybe something that points a little more towards bikes and the 'faction' you're aiming for?

I'm at a loss though with suggestions that aren't too cliche' as my brain is shot for today but how bout this. Since you're asking your actual clients for help here, how bout letting them design some logos for you. The winner gets a new rim or bars or something? Something not as public as a forum but one on one with email. Pick a winner that will still work with you on tweaking it for awhile until you know you have it. One idea anyway as there a few graphic artists here for sure...................

6. Elan

Elan steve french

i think warpig is on the right track there, sounds good.

7. vvarped

vvarped Guest

Sorry, don't quite get it. Which of the following is what you were going for? My guess would be 4 ;-)

1. A literary work or film that is a mix of fact and fiction.
    2. A group of persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group.
    3. Conflict within an organization or nation; internal dissension
    4. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue

Or something else not at http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=faction

8. vvarped

vvarped Guest

Ahh shit, maybe this is what you were going for:

Entry: faction
    Function: noun
    Definition: conflict
    Synonyms: disagreement, discord, disharmony, dissension, disunity, division, divisiveness, friction, infighting, quarrelsomeness, rebellion, sedition, strife, tumult, turbulence

9. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

its, good, keep it simple whatever you do, black and white will always work.

10. Liquid

Liquid Guest

Number 2 is the answer (isn't it always? :ugh: ) A minority of the letters are grouped in a stylized Vinn diagram. Groovy.

11. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

First off let me say I lost all sense of style years ago, but I'll add my two cents anyway:
    I think it should say something about "biketrials" or "Observedtrials".
    If you just put "faction" or whatever the name is, is says nothing of the sport and looks like every other name brand crap out there. I love my "biketrials.com" sweatshirt, not becasue I actually like that site but because it represents the sport that I love. I wouldn't wear that logo (faction), on myself or my bike, nor my truck. But I'm always looking for stuff that represents biketrials, something other trials riders would wear and recognize.
    "Faction" just looks like every other logo/name brand out there trying to be original, alternative, or catchy. Go with something that represents the buyers you want to reach. I'd buy something along those lines.
    Just as an example, if Bill made some "OTN" stickers I'd put one on my bike and my truck.

12. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

I'm going for number two of those definitions. "A group of persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group." The larger group biking or mountain biking. Trials, being the tight knit minority. And liquid, you're right on with the vin diagram of the letters "FAC".

I was originally going to do a contest but I decided I wanted to try and do it myself. Stupid pride. Anyway, thanks for all your input.

13. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I like it, works decently and applies to the UCI faction in America..haha

14. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

il put any sticker on my bike..

15. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Okay Ed I'll send you some Zoo stickers I peeled off my bike. hahahahha.

:eek:wned:

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Do you think your audience will know what the FAC means, I sure didn't and it just made me wonder why it was bold and it made me try to figure out what FAC would mean etc. When you make something stand out like that the viewers eye will just keep staring at it, I didn't make the connection though I guess others will- most trials riders are pretty big nerds so you have a good chance of it. What does the vin diagram have to do with a trials shop (I'm seriously asking, I don't know)? Generally you want it to be a simple relationship between the company and what you are all about, the easier to understand the better.

also your kearning as all fucked up- especially around the I (ask me if you want me to fix this, considering making logo's is practically my major :rofl: )

the serif on the A kind of freaks me out, it implies a horizontal motion that is not continued in the C T or O, which all seem to just stop that motion like a brick wall.

not sure if you squished the font down or thats what it looks like, but the O has a bit too much horiz. stress- especially when seated next to the N.

These are all little things, sorry if it all sounds gay (I can go on each individual letter if you want, I didn't say anything about composition)- if you want something professionally done you would generally pay attention to these little details.

17. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

he can have mine toooo.

18. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

my craptastic one.. dont worry they will bet better ;)

[​IMG]

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

definetely never use anything remotely like ed's. I should cut your face just for doing that.

20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

so what does the FAC mean then?