New Front end

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by RomanC, Apr 28, 2004.

1. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Megamo fork with the 185mm alum rotor. The alum disc with Kool stop pads seems to provide quite a bit of power now. I guess time will tell how long the rotor or the pads are going to last.
    [​IMG]

The wheelbase is 1080mm with this setup. The front end is the lowest I ever had on any stock bike but I seem to tap a lot more consistantly than with the previous setup that put the handlebars by about 2 inches higher.
    [​IMG]

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

ohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh
    very nice! i like the whole scheme of it.

3. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I would have liked the bike to be more black but some Parts were really cheap or free so the all black color scheme was not that important :D

4. Ryden

Ryden Guest

ooooh nice sexy smooth rotor. :bigthumb:

5. willapaj

willapaj New Member

can you get those in the states yet??
    Koxx geometry without being a slave to maggies... just what I'm after. :bigthumb:

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I am waiting on Purdue to pay me tomorrow and then I am sending the money to Poland. Two to Three weeks later I will have 4white BTs...

7. B1105

B1105 New Member

Only White? Shucks.

Very nice looking front end though.

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

What color do you want?

If you are very color consiencous then in the summer I should be able to get frames with very involved paint schemes (like Zebdi flamming draggon etc). It would be at an additional cost though.

9. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

That bike looks nice RomanC. I like the multi-national theme. Are you going to the Winona Lake comp?

10. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Spanish/Polish/French/US scheme? :) Is that the Warsaw competition on the 8th? I am thinking about making the trip out there.

11. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

I see Canada and the far east as well :bigthumb:

Yeah, Winona Lake, Warsaw, Northern Indiana, same comp. Hope to see you (and the Raven) there.

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

wow...looks like the BB drops quite a bit when you put on that fork... Did you notice the difference?

13. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The rear axle is at 13 and the BB is at 12.8 So there is some what of a drop with this fork. As I said above the ride is very good and somehow I can tap more consistantly now.

Edit:
    Lagerhead
    Hopefully I'll hitch a ride with Duncan to the comp to compete and show the bike to folks who are interested.

14. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Hey Roman.. what are your impressions of the frame and it's ride quality?
    Does it ride like it weighs? Any other frames similar that you've tried in comparison? Got a good estimate yet on what the frames will cost?
    Thanks.

15. felix

felix New Member

I guess the pads won't last longer than one or two month.
    I you want to enhance your braking performance just put water on the rotor. You will be surprised!:bigthumb:

16. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The ride quality is very good. It is really easy to keep this bike on the rear. It was a huge shock after riding a Zebdi for a while. Doing tap/wedges/surges is also quite a bit easier. When riding the bike it feels lighter than it actually is and is very throwable.

I have a tried a Koxx last summer but my impression was very skewed mainly because I really didn't like the brake setup so I can't make a fair comparison.

I would expect the frames to be around 400 if all goes according to plan.

17. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah I have used the water trick before on my steel rotor. Well since my pads cost like 15 or so I guess its no big deal if they killed in two or three months. Its about the same as buying alum specific pads which go for around 35.

18. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Intresting...definitly nice though!

19. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The tire size difference causes the drop by the way. Thanks for the comments.