New fork from that Brisa company..

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Shipley, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Someone has this fork up for sale but he had pics so I'm jacking em to throw in here. I meant to take a few of my buddy's new ones when he got them but didn't have a camera around. He got the new B20D framekit (which seems to have lower standover) and a stock Elite fork for his bike..

Looks like they fixed some of the design problems of the past forks...
    Nice thick pressfit steerer with a pin through it. The disc tab is machined down from the factory now so you don't have to dremel the shit out of it just to get some brakes to fit. This all reminds me though.. I haven't checked the length of the new on yet either.. looks the same but i'll check on it.

Thanks to the guy selling if he sees this for letting me use his pics.. oops.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. trialsinhawaii

trialsinhawaii New Member

New Fork From That Brisa Company

I've been using this new fork for about a month and a half, through some very hard riding with no problems with it yet. It seems to be the same length as the old one but i makes no diffrence to me.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

wow.....that might be the one aluminum fork id run, that think is hot

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Length will make a difference if your BB already has a rise of 10 mm ;)

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

seeing as its brisa, wont it just snap like all the others?

6. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

hahaha that's what everyone said about the last one....however my brisa fork (the model before this one?) still hasn't broken...
    Martin

7. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Oh i'm sure. Looks like it came out of a Cracker Jack box right? Please.. let's keep knocking companies for past problems in the evolution of products. Granted.. Brisa is a bit behind. The steerer snapping and the length are the only problems I know of with them. Not sure if they've fixed the length yet, checking on it.

To me that fork is one of the nicest looking, and seems to be one of the best designed, forks on the market right now, steel steerer or aluminum. Looking forward to the new Koxx fork though, I'd like to see what they come up with.

Enough ranting.. it's getting late around here..

8. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

how long are these forks?

9. sebLG

sebLG New Member

the snapping likeleyhood and the length of a fork are like ... THE most important things you look for in a fork you dickhead. :nuts:

seriously though, those forks are the hottest fork legs i have seen and theya re nice and light, but those are the two things i look at first, then weight and price, then looks ... and so on ... so yeah, why should we pay out this companies process of evolution or whatever, its not like they are doing what they should be. and how many new designs of the brisa fork have come out in the past yeah? three?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  10. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

They are still for sale :)

No prob. Glad I could help!... they are still for sale :D

The reason I am selling them is to help recoupe some of my $$ from a crash replacement deal I made with Roger at Brisa.

I snapped the downtube of my B26D about a week ago and shipped it back to Brisa. The company who builds the frames would not cover it under warranty, so Roger did a crash replacement + an elite fork to help me with my loss of $300. I thought that was a very noble thing to do as he didn't have to help me at all.

They also changed the design of the B26D. The rear triangle is now straight (my old one made all my wheels appear to be out of dish) this made only be a quality control issue resolved. Also, the chain stays are wide to allow for a larger tire. It appears you could run a 2.5 easily now or larger. Before my 2.3 was looking tight. The drop outs appear to have more machining done to them.

I will have to post pictures afterwards.

11. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

don't they still have the same fork available with the steel steerer? To me that sounded like a great compromise as the leg design seemed to be great.

Shastamicnasty, I think that is the best Avatar I've ever seen.

- Joel

12. Shipley

Shipley ..........

"sebLGseeing as its brisa, wont it just snap like all the others?"

-Sarcastic ignorant comments get a sarcastic ignorant response.

You don't say?

"seriously though, those forks are the hottest fork legs i have seen and theya re nice and light, but those are the two things i look at first, then weight and price, then looks ... and so on ... so yeah, why should we pay out this companies process of evolution or whatever, its not like they are doing what they should be. and how many new designs of the brisa fork have come out in the past yeah? three?"

I've never been a big fan of Brisa. I like that they're made here but that's about it. That said.. when I saw this fork I really liked the design, not to mention the way it looked. I've heard all kindsa shit from people saying they snap like crazy, funny thing is I ride with an expert level guy who had one of the First generation of these forks, had been riding it for about a year and a half or so, is a BIG guy, and has been doing front wheel moves (taps, hooks, gaps to front) on it. The fork just snapped on a tap finally after all that time like 2 weeks ago.

Not bad for a p.o.s. put through hell by an expert level rider eh? Yeah.. I guess it still snapped though huh. Might as well give up on aluminum and get a Knifen.

Hmm.. took me more than a year to snap my snappalicious Orange trials fork too? I dunno, maybe i'm just light in the loafers.

I still don't like Brisa's bikes and most of their parts, but hope that they get this fork right, looks better than anything else on the market. I can't complain though about the fork as I got an Elite for $80.

3 hours sleep, I'm sure this post was stupid and pointless. Seb you're my hero, don't mind me.

13. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

Yes and thanks.

I have broken one of the original alloy steerer, forks and bent a steel steerer brisa. I must admit, I wieght 215lbs go kinda big:umno: and I am not that smooth at times. ... not sure what this has to do with anything just my $.02

14. DaleM

DaleM Guest

I had a 2.65 on my '03 B26d for a while. Did not really care for it, though. Just a little too big.

15. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

I think the Brisa Elite line of bars, forks, and stems are excellent. Their frames would be good too if they would make a design that belongs in this decade. I don't know what they have against updating their very old school approach to frame design.