New England Trials Events

Discussion in 'NorthEast, USA' started by pwilk, Jul 22, 2004.

1. pwilk

pwilk New Member

As most of you know this year is the first in recent memory without an EFTA Trials Series. The reason for our departure from EFTA is because partly due to the age of the Series. Many of the event venues had been used up years ago, but in an effort to please the promoters of those XC races we continued to go every year. Well this year is different, we are striking out on our own and we can go to any venue we want. What does that mean for you? Events with much better terrain, period.

As of right now there is no name for the events listed below, they are not connected to EFTA or any other organization. So if you have a snappy name, send me an email and let me know what it is.

August 8 - Lincoln Woods Park, Lincoln, RI
    August 29 - Clifford Park, Biddeford, ME
    October 10 - Hammonasset State Park, Madison, CT updated!

All of these events have great terrain, ranging from classic woods trials for the RI and ME events, to 100% boulder riding similar to Gloucester. Sections in Hammonasett will be literally less than 50 feet from the ocean! You probably have friends who have dropped off the competition scene in the last few years, well this is the year to call them up and tell them to come on out. This year's terrain is some of the best around. If terrain isn't your bag, then come on out to see one of the top pro's in the US, Mike Steidley. Don't forget about Tim Finn, he's beaten Mike at the National level before. Both of these guys are amazing to watch so you had better have a real good excuse to skip events this year. See you at the events!

Directions, start times, and registration information will be coming soon on www.petewilk.com

-Peter