new echo frame ... i like!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sebLG, Jul 7, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hello,

thought id post, even know most people probably already know about it ... i quite like the look of the frame and the booster! yes, it is a big fat copy what with the dropouts and so on, but i like it!! i really like the sound of the geometry and so on ... yes i know i like echo pures and teams and now this i must be gay, meh, i think they are good.

here ya go ... http://www.echobike.com/index-1.htm ... if you scroll down there is also the new echo team.

cyall.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2004
  2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

new team looks sharp. so does the control. thanks for posting the link, i didnt even know echo was doing that stuff.

3. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

Sweet! I was just on the echo site last night, they just updated it. Those new frames look awesome. I love echo...

4. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

btw, what is the purpose of bb rise/drop? the control has 20+ bb, and the new 04 pure now has 10+ bb instead of the 0 bb on the older pure

5. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

what's the price of the control? Cool looking frame!

6. Tanner

Tanner New Member

looks like echo is on the ball. Nice looking frames.

7. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Look forward to a review on how they ride. Nice looking stuff.

8. rider

rider New Member

Im getting confused here.. What u mean when u say its "new". Hasnt this one been out for quite some time now, or did they update the previous 1080 model just now?

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Rider, you're thinking of the Pure. There is a new version of it as well, but the Control is a different frame that was just brought out.

10. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Damn, there goes my idea of thinking I know exactly which new stock frame I'm getting!! August 1st is a very good time for me. Now I need to find out a bit more info, like prices!! Looks to be a nice simple frame(Control), I'll never be able to make up my mind!;)

11. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

HAHA,

bruce, good luck makin up your mind!

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

lol I too had a problem with viewing the updated site, you gotta play around with IE a little. Perhaps clear the history and cookies, it will definately work, you just gotta make the PC get the info straight from the internet instead of from memory.

Anyway... I really like the look of those dropouts. The control looks good, now all they need to do is make it available with canti mounts!!! I think the high BB is a fad, or at least will become one. Now there's the Pure, Control, Pitbull, Vinco#8, MegamoEquip, PX Tibo, XTP maybe...
    btw, of CNC'ing is so cheap, why not make a bb inclusive yoke like the xtp, looks much better/practical/stronger.

13. atypical

atypical Guest

I think Echo is trying a Jedi mind trick with the name 'Control'- a higher bb will certainly give you less ground control major Tom. Don't get me wrong, I'd ride one of those frames and prolly get used to it, even love it, but like bloodhound said- faddish, too extreme for some applications(UCI is such a fad too)Har-Hardyharhar

14. B1105

B1105 New Member

Damn, I just ordered the older Echo team. Oh well

15. rider

rider New Member

Roman, Yeah.. didnt see the new Control. Needed to refresh my browser. Looks nice. But since Im in the process of getting me a Pure I wonder if they just recently came out with a new version? I kinda like the idea of 10+ bb height.

I mailed a shop in england about the pure frame and they said all 1080 models are 2004 models, but are you saying that there are 2 versions of the 2004?

16. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

The 2004 Pure is listed on the Echo site, with all the changes from the previous pure:

http://www.echobike.com/pure.htm

This is the previous pure:
    http://www.trialsin.com/sell/frames/echo/pure.htm

The 2004 Pure was just recently brought out. The Pure's that other people have, the M ones (1060) and the L ones (1080) are the previous ones. I think what the people from England told you is that the 2004 Pures are only available in a 1085 wheelbase.

17. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Different "Pure" frames??

The "Pure" I'm riding right now has a little stiffener on the right side near the rear dropout. It's kinda like a disc brake reinforcement, but on the drive side. This feature isn't on any of the pics I've seen of any "Pure" frames on the web. Also, it has the older "Sketched" looking decals on the top tube, and also has the machined grooves in the chainstay plates up by the BB shell. Which year is this one? Does anyone know for sure?? This is a bit confusing. Actually it doesn't matter to me much, as it'll ride the same to me no matter how old it is, but I'd just like to know.

18. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

nah thats old. copy of megamo.

19. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Bruce, you're right.
    The set of pictures I linked from Trialsin have the first pure built, so the pre-production frame. The production frames are just like yours, with the little brace on the driveside dropout, and the machined-out yoke plates.

This is the production one, so the 2003 model.

http://www.hbtrials.com/pure_en.html

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

wtf are you talking about copy of megamo?!