needs me a mod frame

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by !yo, Sep 22, 2004.

1. !yo

!yo Guest

all you mod riders... i need a new frame!... what are you guys riding?.... and what do you like/dislike about your frames? i am riding a monty 220 now (i believe the wheelbase is 943 or so on it) and don't have the option to test ride - the only other mod in my town is an echo team.. but the dude is only like 130lbs soaking wet - i am 175lbs and just hoping on the sidewalk feels like i am gonna blow it up :( ANY input would be great!!!!

thanks!:bigthumb:

2. Elan

Elan steve french

echo team is an excellent frame, in the top 3 or 4 for mods i would say. koxx lb or xtp are also up there. the new zoo python looks very impressive.

3. bylsma

bylsma New Member

Going from a Monty to XTP short (ala Benito Ros) seems like a good idea.

4. Mike

Mike Guest

My b20d kicks ass. The only problem i have is i get alot of frame flex with my rear magura but i'm using the stock maggie booster and they kinda suck. Anyways, other than that its been great. No real problems that have stopped me from riding.

Ps, the rear rim has to stay in relative true because tehre isn't alot of clearance for 2.5 tires. less than a cm on either side.

5. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i really don't reccommend the brisa at all, they are only a begginner level bike and you won't like them once you get better (frame geo. might not be suitable, they snap crackle pop)

xtp is extremely nice, i don't even know why i have one. if i could do it again i would stil definately get it. let me put it this way, after going from my monty:

pedalups to front wheel-increases by abouts 5 inches
    sidehops-no joke, about 2 feet difference
    wheelswaps-6 inches or so
    gaps-1/2 foot
    natural riding-unmeasurable

getting a long frame was the best choice i ever made. xtp or Lvl B are both great choices

6. shastamicnasty

shastamicnasty Member

Yo, that is by far the best avatar to date.

As I have no experince with mod bikes I will leave my opinions out... but I do have the specs on the new woodman mod. Jim just emailed them to me, thought you guys might be interested.

Attached Files:

7. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

Ride Kevin's mod to see how it compares to your mod. I have the Team long and it is only 33mm shorter then the long. If you go to the comps in TN in October you can try my Team (long).

BTW, I may have a Team Frame and fork for sale next month if you decide to go that route.

8. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

comp in TN

Hey trialsbug. do you have the info on the Comp in TN?
    Date time place and all that Good stuff?

thanks

9. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

The TN comps are listed on the Biketrials.com comp calendar:
    http://www.biketrials.com/comp/events.shtml

The first comp is at the Trials Training Center on Oct 9. The second comp is at the Olympic whitewater Center on Oct 23. There are links with more info on the calendar.

10. trials-online

trials-online still here

andreas have you ever owned a b20d???? because if not i dont think its fair to make that assumption , and also i will have to disagree with the statement that brisa are beginer bikes, i have a b20d protoype frame ill let go for real cheap if you want it , its in great conidtion, email me if your interested , [email protected]

11. Mike

Mike Guest

Beginner bikes? Where did you get that from? Just curious...

12. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

He is just talking out of his ass, like usual.. The b20 will be fine for anyone...

13. digby

digby New Member

shastamcnasty - thats a great avatar, but you should have a penguin or devil putting it to gates instead.

the b20's a decent bike. For some people it cracks, for most its just fine. Riki Murata sure rides it like its a p.o.s. beginners bike.

Andreas is about 5 feet tall even. The xtp long he rides is probably like me trying to ride a vinco(i'm 5'10''), his old monty frame is probably a better fit for him height wise, but he is sidehopping alot higher now so I guess whatever works for you.

14. !yo

!yo Guest

thanks for the input all... keep it coming if you have more :)

15. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

The Ground up mod is the best mod frame not on the market. IMcorrectO.

16. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Brisa...I beginner bike...Thats the lamest thing I ever heard.

Chris Santos rides a Brisa and he is far from beginner level. Brisa is more like a dream bike to me.

Adreaseee please think about what you type

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  17. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Any mod is a good choice as long as it is like a Monty, Echo, Zoo, Koxx, etc.

Just ride bikes and see what you like better: long or short. I personally like the shorter frames because they're more flickable.

18. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

my mod to me is like a long stock.

ther's no way you can say it is to big on me, considering not one part of my riding has gone down. it's all gone up by about, 100091902384%, everything is a few inches higher, more accurate, etc

jon had bad luck with both his brisa's. and i 've seen others go to crap as well. but don't take it from me i know nothing. im not really sure what i meant by begginer level bike, but im not a fan of theirs.

edited beccause people can't take a joke? :dunno:
    the 5ft tall part is almost right though :wtc:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  19. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Andreas, what is your problem?

20. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

andreas are you drunk or something?

lets not be a bunch of asses here...