need help with magura

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialstar, Aug 3, 2004.

1. trialstar

trialstar Guest

just recently my rear hs33 decided that it wanted to let only one pad retract,so im riding along and pull the brake...then i am riding no more.When i pull the brake,one pad stays locked to the rim while the other piston moves in and out like normal,i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem,and if they know how to fix it.

i need your help desperately(as id rather not buy another)

thanx guys

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

It's called sticky piston. To fix it just remove the pads, squeeze the lever (so that the pistons are exposed) and then give it a good cleaning. Word on the streets has it that WD 40 works pretty darn good. So use that, a quick squirt or two should do you good. If that doesn't work, let us know if it's still bothering you!

3. manimal

manimal New Member

huh.. thats odd.. that just happened to me recently too, but never noticed it.. good to know!

4. sebLG

sebLG New Member

you should rebleed it. ...

5. Elan

Elan steve french

im thinking your TPA is adjusted too far out. rebleed your brake with the TPA screwed all the way in, so that it doesnt have any effect. then position your brakes so you get the best braking possible with the TPA adjusted all the way in, then use the knob a little to make the brake feel how ya wanna.

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

yep, sounds like a TPA problem to me too, although the sticky piston thing is also true sometimes. Also just to add a little side note, the reach adjuster can also contribute to this deal. You should set your reach adjusters, then bleed your brakes with the TPA all if the way out. This and free up the sticky piston should do the trick, beware of WD40 though, it does eat away at the seals after a while. Maybe just use a little of the magura mineral oil I think.

7. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest