need help fast on MOD echo rims

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by austintrials, Aug 26, 2004.

1. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Hey i am trying to get an ECHO MOD rim built, but the shop that it took it to is saying they are having trouble getting the

diameter of the rim so they can start lacing it up.
    No not know what diameter they are needing and what info is needed to lace a rim, (i have never learned how)
    but does any one know diameter is of the MoD echo Drilled rim is? beside being 19"

is it the same diameter as the Alex dx32?

any help to get my rim done bf the weekend is greatly appreciated.

thank you

2. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Sorry not much help but they should be able to measure it easy.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

If they have wheelsmith rim rods, they can do it.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

bigd here said an easy way to do it. Measure the distance between two spoke holes directly accross from each other, and add 6mm or so.

5. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

see thats' what i was thinking...i had the same shop build my front 20 rim and no prob., and was thinking that they may have there shit together on a 19" but guessing not

do you or anyone else know if its like the 19" dx32? as in the diameter?

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

7. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

thanks hydroboy great link. you have been MUCHO help

8. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

and don't pay full price for that wheel build. A shop that can't measure the ERD themselves doesn't deserve your money.

- Joel

9. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

ha ha ha that's No shit tomac, Never going back to that monkey outfit again.

w/ the link that hydroboy gave me and me never building a rim before, hell i can do it now.

im thinking of getting an old rim and spokes and the tools and start building my own damn rims

10. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

If you do decide to build/practice building your own wheels check out sheldon browns site. www.sheldonbrown.com i think, he has awsome instructions. My only advice is be patient while building it, slowly but surley.

11. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

yes, it's very rewarding to build your own wheels. Start on front wheels, if you can. I've never been particularly good at it but I do it anyway. Search for "spocalc" through google and get the excel spreadsheet, it has a huge list of rims and hubs but you can put in your own ERDs and get spoke lengths.

- Joel

12. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

NICE i just found what i was looking for on the www.sheldonbrown.com and it has pretty pix and everything. Thank you both....Great help! ! ! !