Need a few riders that want to do a demo...

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by NateE, May 19, 2017.

1. NateE

NateE wtflol

THIS IS NOT A PAYING GIG, however, it's for a good cause....and we can go for a group ride after....

The event is fairly informal, but it's to bring cycling safety, awareness, and recruit fresh, young, faces into the mountain biking or road biking scene. Basically, try to excite kids about cycling and the different genres again.

I was contacted about this philanthropic opportunity from a guy who comes to our shop rides and is organizing it. Our shop does a boat load of philanthropic work and the initiative of this project is to get kids interested in cycling. The genre isn't necessarily as important as the fact that new blood is being pumped into the cycling world.

The kids we will be doing the demo for would be in middle school and high school. I was approached as the organizers want kids to see that mountain biking isn't just riding in the woods, it can be fun in other ways too. From what I'm told, there will be some roadies there taking kids on rides, a short track MTB course to expose the kids to mountain biking, a few BMXers and then us doing the trials thing.

It's going to be simple stuff...2 picnic tables and some other smaller stuff, but it gets the point across of what we do as trials riders and hopefully get some new faces into the sport.

Anybody down? It would be in Greenville, SC. You don't have to be a pro, just comfortable around doing things in front of people, and frankly, the more riders and broader range of riders we have, it would be cool for them to see the progression of skills from rider to rider as the experience and skills go up...

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. My Little Pony

My Little Pony Active Member

If I didn't live thousands of miles away.

3. windowlicker

windowlicker Member

What's the date? I'll get my mustache ready.

4. cwtrials

cwtrials Active Member

What's the date?

5. NateE

NateE wtflol

Sorry bout that....July 8th is the big one. There's going to be a smaller pilot one that would be nice to have some riders on that's on June 21...

If some people show up I would emcee while you guys Ride and do stuff...

6. mach1alex

mach1alex Member

I can show up in July especially if there is a group ride after.