NE Trials event #2

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by pwilk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. pwilk

pwilk New Member

The second New England Trials event of the season is happening this Sunday, August 29. Here's all the important info straight from my website. Thanks to everyone who came out for the Lincoln Woods competition. I'm thinking we might have another BBQ after the Hammonasset event. The results and pictures are up on my site www.petewilk.com

-

Peter Wilk

Check out

Trialsin USA --
    www.trialsin.com

This park is similar to Lincoln. The terrain is big and spectacular, don't be surprised to see some North Shore style lines in this comp! This is event is going to be somewhat different than any other event you've been to. Once at the event all the riders will travel to the comp area with me. Kind of a little underground thing going on. Don't worry the event is fully insured. It is just that the XC race makes getting to the trials area somewhat difficult to find without help. So don't be late to this event!

Directions

From Rt. 95 in Maine take Exit (formerly exit 4)

Go Left at the first Light onto Rt. 111 (Alfred St.)

Go about 2.3 miles, through several lights, staying on Alfred St./Rt. 111

NOTE: at one point you'll encounter the "5 corners intersection" where there's a Deangelo's sandwich shop amongst a bunch of other businesses that want your money. Go straight at that intersection to stay on Alfred St./Rt. 111. You'll probably start seeing signage on telephone poles directing you to the "Clifford Park Assault".

Turn right at light after fire station onto Pool St. (Might be shown as Rt. 9 and/or Rt. 208 or it might not be marked at all- HEY, this is Maine, THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE.)

Clifford Park is on the right about 1/2 mile down

You'll enter the parking area through two big granite gate posts.

Once you register with the XC people you will be lead to the competition area by me at 10:30am. Do not be late to this event!

Schedule

10:30am - All classes lead to competition area by me

3:00pm - All cards must be turned in to me (not XC people)

Registration

There will be four open classes: beginner, sport, expert and pro. You may ride ONE of the following: stock, mod, tricycle (oh just kidding), or singlespeed. Register with the XC people. Make sure you tell them you are competiting in trials and follow their directions.