Myles Rockwell- Retard of the week

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by WhiteRavenKS, May 17, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

http://www.transcendmagazine.com/archives/000289.html

way to go. way to represent mountain bikers. way to represent former (and current maybe???) sponsors. i always thought you were a huge asshole, myles. i could care less what other people have to say about your good attitude, you have always been a moron to me. myles rockwell- retard of the week.

2. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

That's really sad...no wonder why he has that nick name LOL. Why do people trash their earned respect by doing something they know will give them the opposite. Great rider or not he deserves what's coming to him. :down:

3. atypical

atypical Guest

Once he gets off probation/jail time he should move to Amsterdam and turn this into a real job- maybe he has a talent that should be explored, there IS a place for fine bud, just not the good ol' USA.

4. Tanner

Tanner New Member

BWHWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HOLY SHIT THATS GREAT!

5. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Where can I get some. :ugh2: I'm sure he was blarin' godschmuck full blast when the pigs bust in :'.,/_+;'CougH ]{}*^&* WHuuuuT!
    /'*&
    (&^
    .,":*&*&^* myles drops bong and screams whilst blowing out a massive billow of smoke :eek3:

6. Pancho

Pancho New Member

I feel kind of bad for the guy, to be honest. What he did was certainly illegal, and in no circumstances acceptable for a sponsored athlete, but in my oppinion he's just another victim of the hypocracy in America (and to a lesser degree most countries except ones like Amsterdam).

Stoned lazy hippie vs. an alcoholic beating his kids or crashing his car? Legalize it...

7. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

:werd: THATS THE WAY DUDE

MYLES IS COOL

8. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:werd:

9. Tanner

Tanner New Member

10. B1105

B1105 New Member

Damn thats a lot of bud, too bad for him

11. WhiteRavenKS

too bad he's an idiot. i dont feel in the least bit sorry for him. yeah yeah yeah, drunk guy running int a bus of children is worse, hypocricy yada yada yada.... the guy is still a moron and should have damn well known better. any respect (minimal) i had for him as an amazing rider has been completely drowned out by how stupid he is for not just doing this but getting his ass caught.

and besides, weed makes you pregnant and supports terrorism and communists... duh.

(by the way that is called sarcasm.)

12. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

So many people in the mtb scene are stoners, theres a kind of dual standard where its only a problem if you get caught. I personally don't care what people do on their own time as long as it doesnt hurt others. If your gonna be into that kind of thing, you should be as up front about it as you can. I know downhillers that are sponsored by bong companies. besides, it probally didn't help his racing.

the bottom line is that you can't be out representing your sponsors and country and at the same time growing mad amounts of weed.
    C'mon myles, 52 plants! thats gettin a little greedy

13. WhiteRavenKS

probably why his "apprentice" dustin adams totally blew him times out of the water in myle's last season.

same thing with houseman last year at grouse mtn with that whole scandal. many downhillers are stoners- but that doesnt make it okay. its stupid. at that level of competition you should damn well know better than to do something that stupid. people in the tour de france dont take sudafed if they have a stuffy nose because they know its a banned substance (well, if they are being unethical they are taking stuff that is really really illegal).

i guess it would be one thing if rockwell's dumb ass got busted with a couple of plants he was using to make himself even dumber with his stoner friends but come on... 52 plants. like paul said- thats just greedy and rediculous.

14. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

Maybe not, but they take along blood transfusions to "wash" the evidence of EPO out of their system. Or they'll get a prescription for cortisone cream before the tour, get it approved for use during the tour by UCI officials, and then fill their bodies full of cortisol to mask traces of other steroids.

Yes, I know you recognized the drug use in the Tour. IMO, there's a big difference between some over-zealous stoner like Miles and say...the entire Festina team a few years back. Miles is just being a tard while pro roadies stand to gain considerable amounts of respect and $$ if they win due to doping.

I hope Lance can pull another win out of his ass and not get caught this year. At least publicly, he will appear the hero.

15. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

How much does he sell pot for???? reasonable I hope.

16. cogmog

cogmog Member

He He, ...dont let OICDN see that kevin..... :bigthumb: :werd:

Yeh,....miles not to bright! Common 52 plants,...."It's for medicinal purposes officer,...I swear" Your askin to get busted!!

17. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

better be ~$10 a gram.

18. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Oh cmon $10, everyone charges that. how about $5 a gram!!!!

If he charged $5 a gram I wouldn't think he was a retard!!!!

19. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Out of curiosity who on here does weed and who doesn't in this thread?

20. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

like an avid user of weed or a once and a whiler.???

i was tokin 3 times last year at some good parties.

not a good thing to do especially often. I don't see harm in doin it once and a while..

that's just my take on it.