my urban fork...?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Bloodhound, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

well i got my echo urban fork today, looks good but i have a concern or two.

1) Right in the middle of the fork, where the steer tube goes inside the actual fork, there is a hole right through. Now I thought there was supposed to be a pin going through like I have seen on other forks, is there not?

2) Is it 'normal' for the wheel to be slightly off center? It looks like it would ride with no problems at all, but it definately is off to the right...??

The fork with full steertube comes to 866g on my digi scale, exactly the weight quoted on thetrialsinshop.

Thanks for any help and reply's

2. rider ns

rider ns New Member

for the off center part, your wheel could be out of dish

3. Tipsy Jock

Tipsy Jock Guest

or qr out of place?

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

no, I checked both those before posting here. The wheel sits fine in two other forks.

5. sammy

sammy New Member

Bent my urban fork in one evening of riding, had to switch to the Planet X fork!
    Are Koxx forks strong?

sam

6. Cole

Cole New Member

:rofl: Are you kidding? I'm no lightweight and I put 6 months on mine of solid riding and they were perfect.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

sammy, cole, since you obviously have them, is there supposed to be a bolt/pin though the hole or not? And was your wheel centered in the fork?

8. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

no bolt/pin on the urban fork.

9. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I believe that all forks by law have a hole into which you can put a reflector/side-pull brake mount. I think the echo forks are all welded, not pinned.

- Joel

10. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

yea mine have the hole too its definitely due to law, and yes the forks are welded i run a headlock on mine and had to cut it to pieces to get it to fit since there is so much weld and such a tiny hole for the rod to go through. My wheel sits to the right too i run 4 bolt