My uber sexy BT RAVen 5.0

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Matt Staples, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

I recieved my BT from Rav 5 days ago now, I've only been on one real ride so far and I've already imporved over the koxx, its just on another level ! 385mm chainstays already seem out dated . The tiny chainstays make every move involving the backwheel infinatly easier ! You bump and your backwheel shoots over the edge, when you'd expect it to hit the edge :nuts:, and as soon as you get used to it, you realise the extra potential. It matches and beats the top end frames currently available for geometry and IMO looks... at considerably less than all of them.

Geometry
    Wheelbase- 1084 with BT F4 forks
    Chainstays 373mm (officially 375mm)
    BB - +15mm with BT F4 forks

WWW.BTBIKES.COM
    WWW.BIKETRIAL.PL

Attached Files:

2. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

That is very very bling bling :) Well done. You should get the gold VP pedals as well to complete the picture.

3. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Looks like a sweet bike. Is that the only one of the prototype frames?

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I'm sooo envious, mine is plain vanilla, I wish I had a fancy paint job too. Just kidding, the comments about the rear wheel stuff is completely true. I'm only a few months into trials again now, but I've already improved a ton since my last go 'round. Congrats dude, take it easy

5. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

No, this is 5.0 frame with the special custom paint job. It is possible to actually send in a picture of the design and have the painter follow it.

6. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

looks awesome, though the paint job is a little to much for my taste. I like the front rim :) Doesn't the tube get damaged by the little holes you drilled on the side? I mean the normal holes are couvered by the rim tape, but the others? I like to drill my rim that way, too.

7. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

get rid of the black tape, please it looks good though, i like flamboyant colors

8. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

I'd love to, but my magura hose is way too long and I don't want to ruin the paint with a big ugly zip-tie. Thanks for coments guys...The paint job, to be honest, isn't the one I wanted simply because I had the gold rims for my silver koxx 1040, so I wanted plain silver but Rav only had Black/lightning. I think it works nice though. Erm..no problems with the drilled rim, the bead of the tyre sits on the holes, so no probs so far. The frame is shockingly light, considering how burly it is, although I came down really hard on the down tube and it just scatched, no dent at all.

9. Elan

Elan steve french

bike sounds good, looks horrible in my opinion, but your riding usually seems to make up for that kidna stuff.

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

you like to drill a lot :) The Magura lever is drilled as well

11. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I'm sorry but blue and gold together..:( .. I'm just not a crazy colour freak. IMO of course.

I'm glad to see you like the way it rides though, that is most important.

12. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

Thats far more important for me than looks, and speaking with Rav it seems the same with him, which I like :bigthumb: ,it shows this frame is purely designed for the ride. The fact that alot of people like the 'NO SHIT -UCI' style of looks to it is a bonus.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

If you think that is sexy I would HATE to see your taste in women :barf:

But if you like it and it rides well for you that is all that matters....damn english people care about how their shit looks.

14. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

The man has a workshop, he may as well drill it all. drill the stem and handlebars. :p

That is one hot bike, it makes me hot thinking about how hot it is, and I'm not even checkin the pic when I'm typin this....erm...HOT!

Is that you on the white raven in hte bristol vid at urbantrials.com? Very TRA-style. Very cool.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  15. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

Big fat ginger one's with small hands and hammer toes :yum:

16. Pitote

Pitote Guest

kinda huge reach you got there.

17. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

What size stem is that? Looks good.

thanks

18. esfrost

esfrost New Member

ahhhhhhhh its its ;>> GOlden EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE woderfull

19. pav

pav New Member

Hey,
    Nice ass bike man!
    Are those rims Viz trials rims? If they are how are they?
    Its also good to see that you have your brakes around the right way and also what is the length (axle to crown) on those BT forks if you know?
    Thanks man
    Have fun riding it!
    pav

20. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

That's definitely the Pamela Anderson of trials bikes.....to each his own I guess.