My right pedal has it out for me....

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by aj2four0, Jun 17, 2004.

1. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

So my right pedal is not my friend, just thought i'd post a pic of my right leg.. the only real bad one is the one thats butterfly'd up, the rest aren't bad.. but, damn.. for about 3 hours total of of riding.. i wish i had put some shin guards on. Feel free to post ur pics to make me feel better about my leg ;)

Attached Files:

2. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

Wow, my leg has looked like that after.... um multiple rides.... but ONE

Damn, that's some good work, or bad work, not really sure......

3. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

geez...you need some lizard skins!

4. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

its actually been about 3 hours of total riding in a week or so.. (i might have done a little bit more.. but that was only trackstanding.).. so a few of those are more than a week old.

5. hophopsnap

you should get some pedals that have more grip. some Vp's or something

6. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

my pedals are new, and they have a lotta grip, .. i'm just a newb and slide off them when i try something that i'm not quite capable of doing yet..

7. hophopsnap

oh i see. I thought you were someone who would throw themselves up into the air with their bike and miss the pedals. ahahahha nah its all good.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

ouch! yup, we've all been there. I see if I can get a pic of my scars later this evening.

9. nidoss

nidoss Guest

looks pretty sweet. Ive had tons of small cuts and bruises all over my legs but nothing as purty as that big one

10. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

yeah that looks pretty bad....ive hit my left leg about 4 times i think. it does not look pretty any more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yeah sorry the pics are so big and bad quality....i couldnt upload my better nastier photos because the file size was too big

11. Loner

Loner Guest

Haven't done anything too bad to my shins but here is a picture after I slipped off my pedal:

[​IMG]

12. cogmog

cogmog Member

[​IMG][/img]

old scars, nothin major.

13. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

nice guys keep it commin :-D, i wish pictures showed depth better... but man, those bruises look brutal!

14. B1105

B1105 New Member

ewwww, those are some sick pics

nice shins by the way

15. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Mine looks like cogmog's, it's a ritual!

16. Ryden

Ryden Guest

I have shinguards but they are the most uncomfortable things on the planet. They scratch and stab me in the back of the knee and limit my mobility. I need some lizard skins.

Side note: Does anyone else have the problem of their shins taking forever to stop bleeding while riding. And when they finally do, you pedal and crack all the scabs and they start bleeding again. Such a pain in the ass.

17. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

in one half hour segment of a ride, i hit my shin three times, each one ripped huge holes, and made the previous large bleeding holes larger and bleed more. it hurt heaps. i had a picture but i don't know where it is now.

18. Shipley

Shipley ..........

[​IMG]
    It's been 2 and a half weeks of good healing joy since I first opened them. Leg almost looks normal again.
    (scale: top left 1 in wide,bone deep joy, split below is 2 1/2 or so inches long.. plus the other crap that's almost healed like my swollen fucking kneecap from trying to wedge my stem under it.. makes everything fun, I highly suggest it) It's time for pedals with pins that aren't worn down and shoes with soles. Damn.. i should not be awake. That picture is proof. Pushin 6 am...
    Sorry for the crappy pictures.. webcam was handy and quick.

19. cogmog

cogmog Member

Shin gaurds......feel like cardboard ducked taped to your legs,.......chaffing behind the knee, sweat pools drips into sneakers, feet wet , smell, have to keep them, outside.....I hate everything about them, besides the stigma with wearing a helmet is bad enough....shin gaurds and helmet = public ridicule of being a "safety Pup" ....besides chicks dig scars! Pain is temporary!

20. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

i second that whole bleeding after its stopped bleeding thing.. what the heck is up with that, it scabs over, then bleeds again... its not supposed to bleed once it scabbs.. whats wrong with our bodies.. mine is still seeping out puss... ewww,, i have to keep a big huge lame bandaid thing over it so my pants dont' get stuck to it .. and soak up all the blood and puss.