My "pimped" out bike:imo

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by KoxxLevelRider, Oct 22, 2004.

1. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

i got this bike a while back but i recently got a lot of new parts
    i know this is all obvious but here it is anyways.

comments? questions?

Bike: levelboss long
    bb: raceface
    cranks: monty
    headset: CK
    Front hub: CK ISO disck
    Rear hub: CK BMX HUB
    Rims: Try-all
    Rear Break: Margura
    Front brake: Hope mini....for now, i had to send away my avid juicy to get fixed
    Fork: Brisa(shitty)
    Handlebars: Try-all
    Stem: Try-all
    Pedals: Try-all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

pimped indeed. pretty close to what im rolling except mine had a "hard childhood" and its all goth now. im even using the same tensioners as you. left over from a brisa? word. sweet ride.

3. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

kevin ur riding mod now? do u still ride ur coust much?

Awesome bike btw, loooks nice.. i lik ethe clean bike dirty tire look... makes it look like u take care of it but still ride when its dirty... mines the other way around.. the frame/etc is all dirty, and the tires are clean from riding through grass.. :-D

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

5. average mike

average mike Guest

Awesome. I love the red color scheme. :bigthumb:

6. WhiteRavenKS

yes to first. no to second.

that red color scheme is the bee's knees. hows the hope compared to the juicy? HA! sorry, dont mean to rub it in, my juicy leaked about 4 or 5 times. when it worked it was the best thing ever though.

what track cog are you running? i have an echo one and it sucks with my kmc bmx chain. i never had any problems with the surly i used to run but what im running now is creaking and sounds horrendous. chain lube isnt the issue... are you having anything like that happen?

7. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Nice, second best mod after Andreas, but the red is looking better every time..

8. Elan

Elan steve french

thats pretty much what i plan for my xtp...nice bike

9. trials-online

trials-online still here

wow, congradulations, you have successfully built my absolute dream bike . i love it

10. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

actually as soon as i ordered my juicy my hope started working bad ass. Compared to how my juicy was working my hope is perfect. i was dissapointed when i ordered a $270 brake and it didnt work after a few months. oh well hopefully webcyclery can do something for me.

track cog im not really sure. i got these cranks/cog from chris pitts. i have HORRENDOUS creaking in my cranks/bottom bracket but it might be cause its a race face. not sure. definatley not chain lube.

Thanks for all the comments. when i get my juicy back there is nothing more i will need to do :) ....but im kinda worried about my chain stay. ive bashed it up pretty good and last time i did this to my Team it snapped. hopefully it wont

11. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

i actually even ordered a red head set. but they sent black and i wasnt going to be gay enough to send it back just to get red.

12. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

still looks good with the stem and fork :D

13. WhiteRavenKS

keep your eye on that race face bb.... mine was making an aweful lot of pooping and creaking right before it blew up. the cartridge bearings exploded, basically turned it into a loose ball bearing system... with little balls rolling around in the frames bb shell.

sorry to hear about the juicy. when mine was dialed it was by far the best brake ive ever touched. when it wasnt on the money though it pretty much wasnt even mediocre... hope you get taken care of with it.

14. Darren

Darren New Member

sik ride nice colour scheme but i would ditch the fork before it breaks and u hurt urself. kevin do u have pics of ur bike?

15. Darren

Darren New Member

also is that a small frame?

16. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

Bike: levelboss long
    bb: raceface
    cranks: monty
    headset: CK
    Front hub: CK ISO disck
    Rear hub: CK BMX HUB
    Rims: Try-all
    Rear Break: Margura
    Front brake: Hope mini....for now, i had to send away my avid juicy to get fixed
    Fork: Brisa(shitty)
    Handlebars: Try-all
    Stem: Try-all
    Pedals: Try-all

yes its the short one...:)

17. trials-online

trials-online still here

that forks not gonna break , he is smart and runs the brisa PRO fork with a steel steerer tube like me instead of the elite that will probably break if you weigh over 175 and go big

18. T(tidge)-Master

T(tidge)-Master Guest

how much are the brisa forks

19. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

they are $195 http://www.brisabikes.com/index2.htm

only problem with it is(besides being weak) that when i got my avid juicy i had to use a metal filer to grind down the place where the caliper attaches(dont know exact name) took my about 2 hrs and it was a huge pain in the ass. but so far no problems with it cause i only weigh about 130 lbs.

20. average mike

average mike Guest

im 125 lbs, keep a close eye on your caliper.

[​IMG][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/AvgMike/00000075.jpg"]