my old avid worked better than my never used xtr ...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sebLG, Sep 15, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

fucking shitmano ... i should have known. it feels like total shit, i dont know why everyody thought xtr was so special ... ohw ell well see next time i take the bike for i ride, if i ever do again. my bottim bracket shell is stuck inside my frame, and it is not possibe to get it out. fucking bikes, i hate them, i hate them so.

2. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

why do you need to replace your BB? Why don't you refer to the mtbr.com topic I posted a link to in the other thread in which you mentioned your BBitch of a problem.

and as for shitmano, yes, you should have known better. You get no sympathy from me.

- Joel

3. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

you

are

a

fucking

idiot

4. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

your

impartiality

in

this

matter

is

fucking

discredited

- Joel

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

huh? i know not of ever posting on mtbr.com? i have never been to a site called mtbr.com haha. but yeah, it really is a BBitch of a fucking problem. i think tomorrow i will break out the hacksaw, and hope for the best for my bottom bracket thread ... im scared ...

but yeah, with he xtr lever ... i always thought that they were grea seeing as everybody uses them and says that they are great ... but it turns out that my shitty 3 year old avid lever was way better, and my disc had alot more power with the avid too :ugh: ... u sure hope i didnt wast another fucking load of money, i always do that.

ps: my apoligies for making a complain complaining thread, but ..... gllaaahhh

6. Elan

Elan steve french

you are insane..maybe you had it set up incorrectly?

7. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

Seb. Stop. Listen (read: read).

You complained about this. I posted a link to a mtbr.com forum topic aimed at solving your problem. You read it, and solved your problem. You didn't get as far as the last step.

https://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=8512

dot. I can't help you with XTR lever problems. Avids are excellent apart from lever slop - avid ultimates are excellent, AND have no lever slop. I have avid ultimates.

Robbie, forum animosity aside, I was high-impressed by your performance in FTC3...very good stuff.

- Joel

8. sebLG

sebLG New Member

oh yeah! wow! thanks you very much joel! :) ... hmm, and wiht my xtr problems ... i dont think there are any except that my xtr cable outer and cable is WAY too long. it meant for a rear brake, im rinning it on a front disc, but i fear that if i cut it, it will comprimise the amazing stiffness of it and shtufff. oh and i would have gotten those avid levers that you have, but i think they were even more than the xtr ones which is like ... :eek3:

oh and you should see ftc4+5 joel. robbie pfunder is like my favourite riding style evar ... well not most favourite but up there. lol pety im a forum dickhead.

EDIT: just read that mtbr thing . its not that its totally stuck, its that the bit where the fsa bb tool goes in ... well it rounded. yes im THAT retarded. i think the hacksaw is my only option :wtc: .. oh and its not the whole bb ... the whole thing just fell out, its just the driveside bb shell by itself.

... actually now that i read on a bit, is that precisely what that is on about? i relalyc ant be bothered .... i have read so much about fucking stalin and macbeth tonight, i think i just might die. right now. my assignments are so overdue. DARF.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

XTR levers feal like gold, so you're just weird.

10. average mike

average mike Guest

How could you know that the xtr worked crappy if you never used it? oh snap.

11. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

Thanks, it's much appreciated. BTW I was only doggin on SebLG cause he said somethin along those lines to me.. but come on now we're more mature than that right?

12. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i wish i was mature .... aha, and i only said bad things to you because you gave alex shit :p ... oh well.

... yay! i got my bb out. oh man it was intense. i was going all out with the hacksaw and the hammer and chisel and whatever ... and i also had to use the shops mega expensive thread reaming (i think thats wat it is? it makes threads) tool, because my thread was so fucked. and also now the xtr is fine i suppose, i just had to cut the cable.

13. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

good to know that you've got it sorted out, get the next BB professionally installed, tell them to grease it all good.

- Joel

14. sebLG

sebLG New Member

ahahahaha i did it myself! :rofl: but i greased the thread up real gooood with park tool poly-lube meant for headsets, hubs and bottom brackets, and the rideshop guy told me what signs to be careful for while installing and the like ... so i hop it should be ok lol.