stem: echo
mech: sora
headset: monty cartrige
pedals: vp
back tire: 24.1
front tire: hot s
front lever: sram carbon fiber
rim strip: duct tape

Well guys alot of work went in to getting this together before motorama. It came together a little more quickly than i thought but here it is. tell me what you think.

- cheers, chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lack of funds and lack of options. I have had very good luck with surly stuff. trevor young recomended it to me at candy town then proceeded to front wheel hook and hang on a near vertical wire reel.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Nice digs- I couldn't handle that crazy long stem but maybe you are tall or somethin. My friend bought that fork too, its hilarious and 300 pounds :)

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
well its not a bad fork... just no tfantastic. it is cheap and it is around 2.5 pounds so not too bad. i had bad luck with reliability though, if it starts creaking, throw it away. it should be fine for a while but do keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea kev if something creaks groans or makes any other wierd noise generally i trash it. i mean i dont have infinite funds but if i cant see the mechanical reason it made the noise (aka bearings in something being the problem) it leaves my bike quickly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey! I have those forks as well. :?

I'll watch out for those creaks. I'm a newbie, so naturally I will be very unsmooth with them. Oh well.

·
From your head to your fists
4,253 Posts
i just ride things until they break, get more life out of them that way :bigthumb:

and if it can be fixed with string or wire, it remains on my bike even after breakage

·
From your head to your fists
4,253 Posts
"and if it can be fixed with string or wire, it remains on my bike even after breakage"

string or wire, not magic.

but i would have a bit of fun on it with no forks, who wouldnt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts