My New Bike

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by [email protected], Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my.ark.4@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Well, this will hopefully soon be my bike, these are the photos i got from the guy who is selling it to me. Its a 1995 ish Monty T 219, maggies on the wheels and half a tire on the bashguard (incase you were wondering what that is, its a great idea). I cant wait

http://photobucket.com/albums/v153/my_ark_4/Monty%20T%20219/

Note: I posted here instead of the trial media area because i want to know what you have to say about it, id like some feed back weather its a good buy or not (im getting it for a great price anyway)

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

:momaru: triple clamp.

3. my.ark.4@gmail.com

exactly what i said, but for $300 US and a guy who said first hand it could take 9' drops (he snapped his wrists) il take it.

4. manimal

manimal New Member

wow.. thats old skool..

how much is he selling it for?

5. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

I spent $350 on a 2000-2001 Monty X-Lite. Bwahahaha.

6. BenR

BenR Active Member

I highly advise you not to get it.

In February I got a 1996 Monty X-Lite, it has been nothing but problems.
    I broke the freewheel, both rims, front Magura, Bash plate, and it now has a bent bottom bracket.
    That thing is also going to be really heavey.:down:

7. BenR

BenR Active Member

8. durkie

durkie Member

whoa are you serious? don't waste your money unless you're a bike collector. i've been riding for under 3 years and the sport has advanced leaps and bounds in that time alone. a bike from 1995 will be good maybe for the absolute basics, but as said above, you could better spend the same amount of money on a bike that will take you a lot farther. this is a bad deal for you.

and why the hell did he break his wrists? sounds more like he fell 9' rather than dropped it.

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I agree with mosr replies. Unless you're buying it for a collection or something, get a slightly newer model of bike. The least expensive model in this years lineup is much better than an older bike likethat one. It's not a bad bike, but just not a good one either. The newer bikes have much nicer geometry, and are just better quality all around. Good luck which ever way you decide to go.

10. my.ark.4@gmail.com

seriously? with all the upgraded components, maggies, bulseye cranks, you think it will break on me or be to heavy. I'm just starting trial, but i want to be able to grow, im thinking worst case, if the frame is that bad, i can buy a new one in a couple of years and use all the components.

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

Its just very out dated, and you could get a newer Monty for not much more.

12. my.ark.4@gmail.com

but that newer monty is bottom line current modell as opposed to high level old bike, the x alps are nice, but i feel like i would outgrow them really fast from what everyone says.

13. BenR

BenR Active Member

The new lower model monty is going to be way more advanced than that bike and it will feel better too. And you probably wont be able to put those components on a new frame in a few years because the parts on that bike are most likely different from the sizes today. Don't get that bike it will depress you, trust me.:nono:

14. my.ark.4@gmail.com

so your saying a brand new monty with mech brakes and low end components is going to be better than something that, in its time was really awsome, somehow i just cant see this

15. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

i would have bought that if i was a beginner for 200$ . not more .. unless you can get it for 200$ do not buy it , save up just a tiny bit more money and buy something better .. or ill smack your hand =P wait longer, save up and buy a much much much better bike , that is eventually much much cheaper and much better .

I rode on one like that before, nearly killed me several times , its shit to ride .

16. B1105

B1105 New Member

Who says mechanical brakes are worse than Maguras? Have fun riding a 30 lbs trials bike.

17. Elan

Elan steve french

that thing is the hugest piece of shit i have ever seen. dont even consider buying it. what a load of crap. get a real bike. the new X-alp is a way better investment. you could even get on a 2000-2002 x lite or someshit for that money, and have a decent fucking bike.

18. my.ark.4@gmail.com

you wana bet? ive searched every board in north america, and you cant get an x lite for $300

all this is making me really question a bike that i was positive i was going to get a few days ago, damn, im so conflicted. on one hand i desperatly want a bike for under 350 US (i have more, but i cant justify spending it on my first bike) and on the other, you all say the bike is shit.

19. Elan

Elan steve french

if you spend $300 on this bike in hopes of becoming a trials rider, you are going to be very put off. i suggest at least getting a x alp. they are way better than anything made in 1995. on top of that, you get a brand new bike, from a reputable shop. webcyclery will hook you up.

20. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

its better to use 450 $ on something good then spending 350$ on crap .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.